PDA

View Full Version : Koni yellow+GC sleeves/Fortune auto 500 or stance supersport

EP3Lov3
02-13-2014, 08:59 AM
With tax returns and track season coming up, I'm in the market for new suspension and I'm torn between the koni yellow setup, fortune auto 500 series and stance super sports. I'd be going 10K front and 13K rear also. All of the options seem to be similarly priced as well. Stance and fortune auto come with camber plates standard which is nice as well but I have read countless threads on how proven the koni yellow setup is. I talked to a local shop that tracks their cars and they stand behind stance as well and it has an inverted damper which is nice since i wont be bending those. Also, this is my daily driver so i put a fair amount of miles on the odo every year and i dont want to be rebuilding every year. What would you go with and why? Thanks in advance :)

Hasbro
02-14-2014, 12:02 AM
Konis Sports are great on smooth track and autox surfaces. They are single adjustable. I'm actually going to 550/750 lbs., almost the same as your 10/13k. This is a temporary step as I will be going with Fortune Auto, Bilstein B-16, or similar. If I were to go 10/13k on Koni Yellows permanently I would have them customed to handle those spring weights. That's $300.+ extra.

The Fortune Autos are double adjustable and are probably better for track and street and you can adjust rebound and compression separately. Nice quality and custom made in the USA to your order. SHG_Easy_E, a very knowledgeable guy on here has just received his and will be testing them very soon. I have high hopes for these and they are probably about two steps up above Koni Sports. There is a double adjustable Race Koni that is also about two grades up on the Sports but the price is rising.

I don't know a thing about Stance. Just the name turns me off, lol. I will research them out of curiosity.

My choice would be Fortune Auto on heavier Swift springs. Swifts are lighter, thinner (more travel), and with a little quicker motion supposedly. A good spring for FAs, as they are compatible with a digressive valved damper. They have some similar characteristics to a rally damper.

EP3Lov3
02-14-2014, 06:59 AM
I have heard MANY amazing things about the swift springs as well and maybe my budget would allow for that :) The only thing that turns me down from the fortune auto is that they recommend rebuilding every 15K miles which is $400 every year and couple days of down-time that I can't do.