PDA

View Full Version : engine stalls after fill up

perspective
02-27-2014, 01:59 PM
Everytime I put gas , the car won't hold the revs. If I give it gas constantly it won't stall, as soon as I let go it shuts off. after a minute or two of driving like this everything is fine, until next fill up. Before I had kpro , no problems but a week after kpro the issue started. I got several times the code for a leak in thd canister system. I replaced the shut off valve from the canister, also the solenoid in thd engine compartment. I still have the fill up issue ,help!

T_Virus
02-27-2014, 11:42 PM
can it be your tune?

b33lz89
02-28-2014, 07:13 AM
I have the same exact porblem, except mine started after my car was idling for about 15 mins after the gas light came on.. i thought a tune was gonna fix it, but i got the car tuned and that didn't fix it.

captaingamez
02-28-2014, 08:29 AM
My car does this exact same thing, and it also started after I did Kpro. And Kpro was the only mod I did to the car in the timeframe.

I have no clue what it is. Its annoying. I do know that I have a crack on my Emissions purge valve, that could be part of it, but then again maybe not.

Its hard to diagnose since it only happens at fill up. Any advice someone can give would be greatly appreciated.

perspective
02-28-2014, 12:09 PM
I tried different calibrations, same result. I heard someone say that it's this valve on top of gas tank( have to drop the tank to get to it)
Also I did a datalog when I filled up, the air fuel ratio went super rich while it was stalling.

perspective
02-28-2014, 12:20 PM
My car does this exact same thing, and it also started after I did Kpro. And Kpro was the only mod I did to the car in the timeframe.

I have no clue what it is. Its annoying. I do know that I have a crack on my Emissions purge valve, that could be part of it, but then again maybe not.

Its hard to diagnose since it only happens at fill up. Any advice someone can give would be greatly appreciated.

what ecu r u using ? I have prb

T_Virus
02-28-2014, 12:48 PM
I am thinking it is because of the Super rich afr but I got nothing to back that up.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

perspective
03-01-2014, 05:39 PM
Well the a/f is ok the rest of the time, only after filling up .

ep3colin
03-02-2014, 12:22 AM
I'm having the same issue, once I got K pro it started happening, also replaced nearly every component of the evaporation system

captaingamez
03-03-2014, 09:03 AM
I have stock PNF ECU.

I was wondering if it had something to do with my cracked canister purge valve on my TB, but after reading the last post, I dont think it does.

Does the ECU do any sort of "cold start" injection that can be altered? I really can not imagine that this issue can not be solved or hasnt been solved.

There are only two things in common here, 1: stock emissions system, 2: Kpro.

captaingamez
03-03-2014, 09:05 AM
Found this
http://forums.clubep3.com/showthread.php?t=865539

still doesnt exactly help. Something in KPROs settings is wrong I think.

perspective
03-03-2014, 03:12 PM
Yeah I read that( I posted the last comment in that thread ) , if is true that the kpro is causing the valve to be energized all the time therefore sucking fumes, it would be possible to fix this in kmanager??? if so .. HOW??
Found this
http://forums.clubep3.com/showthread.php?t=865539

still doesnt exactly help. Something in KPROs settings is wrong I think.

ep3colin
03-03-2014, 08:13 PM
I'm in for the fix, just a fyi, I tried my buddies kpro who does not have this issue and it still happened when I used his ecu, so I'm quite lost

ep3colin
03-03-2014, 08:28 PM
I don't have my stock ecu but has anyone tried reinstalling?

perspective
03-04-2014, 12:49 PM
it seems that is not the ecu, what about if the kpro messed up something and now it stalls no matter what the ecu is. I got the evap canister code again

ep3colin
03-04-2014, 06:24 PM
Well I bought a stock ecu gonna have it reprogrammed at the dealer.next week, then from there I'm gonna change out Evap components and let you guys know the results

ep3colin
03-05-2014, 08:13 PM
Has anyone tried replacing this part # 04101-PNF-A00 , seems it may be the sensor that controls the purge vakve

perspective
03-11-2014, 02:39 PM
Any updates ? I read in another forum that someone removed/capped the purge valve in tb and turned off evap canister system with kpro. Never had more issues with the filling up issue
I have kpro but I have yet tried this

ep3colin
03-13-2014, 07:28 PM
I believe disabling the Ebay system would cause you to fail emissions as it would throw a code

ep3colin
03-13-2014, 07:29 PM
evap*

perspective
03-18-2014, 02:33 PM
I live in Miami, so no emissions test :mbiggrin:. Ok I tried disabling it with kpro but didn't plug the solenoid part in the tb. It still stalled but only for a couple of seconds, then it was fine. I enabled it again, if you read in help in kmanger it states that if the evap canister system is disabled it will fill the canister system with gas ( Is it true, how can avoid this?)

Jason Schoch
03-31-2014, 12:41 PM
Anyone ever figure out this issue? I just ran into it