PDA

View Full Version : is PLM racing headers fit with Skunk2 70mm cat back?

saidguler
03-17-2014, 10:06 AM
I have purchased PLM headers and 70mm skunk2 cat back both of them is bolt on parts, do you think am i gonna have problem to install those parts with each other?

and just in case I bought extra oem bolts

USAF EP3
03-17-2014, 01:03 PM
Did you buy the skunk2 70mm for EP3 fitment? If you did you will run into problems. You will need to shorten either the exhaust or the test pipe that comes with the race header. That race header is designed to be fitted to the Type-S midpipe (also EP3-R same mid pipe but different muffler) so you will need a welder to do some cutting and re-welding to make it fit properly.

saidguler
03-17-2014, 02:17 PM
both of them is for ep3.

USAF EP3
03-17-2014, 05:59 PM
both of them is for ep3.

You will find out soon enough then. Good luck!

saidguler
03-17-2014, 06:10 PM
You will find out soon enough then. Good luck!

No dont get me wrong, I understand you and thank you.

I was trying to find a shorter test pipe but I guess I`ll take it to the exhaust shop.

saidguler
03-18-2014, 08:10 AM
It might be s silly question, is it possible to find a shorter test pipe rather than cutting it? Shops dont wanna do custom stuff or because of the illegality they don't wanna install it.

USAF EP3
03-18-2014, 09:11 AM
It might be s silly question, is it possible to find a shorter test pipe rather than cutting it? Shops dont wanna do custom stuff or because of the illegality they don't wanna install it.

The only way to make it bolt on would be to buy an RSX-S specific mid pipe (the section from the test pipe/cat to the muffler). otherwise you could always ask the muffler shop or find a welder to pay cash so there is no paper trail of the install with no cat.

You live in CT? Talk to superchargedK20, I'm pretty sure he can point you to someone that will do some $50-$70 welding job for you.

saidguler
03-18-2014, 09:37 AM
Thankss i'll ask to other shops as well.

jonathanphan
09-07-2014, 10:52 PM
i was wondering how did it go? im thinking of installing plm headers to my ep3. i have the T1R midpipe i believe ep3 spec and a megan axle back. i hope i dont have to cut anything. i was quoted 350 for the headers and install. i think my cars pretty loud already and after the headers i wonder how much louder is it going to sound.

saidguler
09-08-2014, 09:01 AM
i was wondering how did it go? im thinking of installing plm headers to my ep3. i have the T1R midpipe i believe ep3 spec and a megan axle back. i hope i dont have to cut anything. i was quoted 350 for the headers and install. i think my cars pretty loud already and after the headers i wonder how much louder is it going to sound.

What I was trying to to is, I got 70mm Skunk2 cat back with PLM headers(comes with test pipe) . So the thing is I had to cut the test pipe in order to fit it with cat back. PLM headers fits perfectly with RSX but not with EP3. it has to be shortened. So it is going to be pricey. I got quotes like around 500 dolars to weld it and install it.

I`m looking to sell the PLM and got a magnaflow cat. I wonder it is going to fit with 70MM cat back.

USAF EP3
09-08-2014, 01:17 PM
What I was trying to to is, I got 70mm Skunk2 cat back with PLM headers(comes with test pipe) . So the thing is I had to cut the test pipe in order to fit it with cat back. PLM headers fits perfectly with RSX but not with EP3. it has to be shortened. So it is going to be pricey. I got quotes like around 500 dolars to weld it and install it.

I`m looking to sell the PLM and got a magnaflow cat. I wonder it is going to fit with 70MM cat back.

That's ridiculous, I charge someone $450 to do a transmission job from start to finish and these places want $500 for install exhaust??? Most custom shops charge about $650-700 to do a custom exhaust built. You already have the parts, they're trying to ass rape you.

Make some car buddies who know shops that won't dick you.

jonathanphan
09-08-2014, 02:07 PM
Damn cutting the test pipe or the midpipe... I would choose test pipe... How much are you selling the headers for? And how did it sound?

saidguler
09-08-2014, 02:41 PM
That's ridiculous, I charge someone $450 to do a transmission job from start to finish and these places want $500 for install exhaust??? Most custom shops charge about $650-700 to do a custom exhaust built. You already have the parts, they're trying to ass rape you.

Make some car buddies who know shops that won't dick you.

I know thats why, I didnt put the headers. You helped me before with that and told me PLM and Skunk2 cat back wont directly fit in. I`m still trying to figure out. how to put the cat back with something else.

saidguler
09-08-2014, 02:44 PM
Damn cutting the test pipe or the midpipe... I would choose test pipe... How much are you selling the headers for? And how did it sound?

I never put them, pro stores didnt cuz it is illegal, local shops didnt know how to do that, And later I realized it is going to be pain for me to cancel the cat. sooner or later I have to put the cat again to be able to pass the emmisons. So im planning to sell them around 450. it is brand new headers with test pipe.

mussh
09-08-2014, 03:47 PM
hey guys,
thought I would share a little experience I recently had.
I have the kiddracing header and ws2 catback.
installing the header would have been a nightmare, if I didn't have access to welding equipment. (im no welder mind you)
ended up having to customize my mid pipe to get it to work. this was not good work though. my buddy is an awesome mechanic with every tool in the world, but he is not a welder. my mid pipe always hung low. scraped over the littlest speed bump. very annoying.
I wanted to do a axle back straight pipe. I bought all the stuff and of course, nothing fit. I took out my hack saw and pieced it all together.
I decided to go to my local meineke shop. these guys work on exhaust all day long.
for a fair price, they welded my axle back and hung my mid pipe. it looks and sounds great.

im very glad I just went in and talked with them.

p.s. your CEL will come on with the header and that is a pita.

jonathanphan
09-08-2014, 03:56 PM
I can get the plm headers brand new for 350 installed... I dont want to cut the midpipe just incase i have to put back the cat for smog... I want to cut the test pipe if anything.... They said they can cut it and weld it for me too... I debating if i should get the headers...

jonathanphan
09-08-2014, 03:56 PM
Btw thanx mussh u been very helpful

saidguler
09-18-2014, 11:04 AM
I`m curios is there any think will fit with 70 MM. Otherwise i`ll sell both of them and get 60MM Skunk2

jonathanphan
09-18-2014, 11:17 PM
i just installed my plm headers on my ep3 with the test pipe (cut shorter) with my t1r midpipe and megan axle back exhaust.
all i can say is GAINS... i FEEL the GAINS... hahah its sounds hella loud and crazy... im installing a resonator soon...
things i noticed:
1st and 2nd gears its extremely loud but sounds likes a beast.
3rd - 5th if i stay at a constant speed its really quiet until i give it a little gas...