PDA

View Full Version : New suspension, what else should I upgrade?

ryboto
03-21-2014, 08:47 AM
So I'm going to hold off installing new front lower control arms that I'd purchased instead of directly replacing the LCA bushings in the original arms. Instead, when I have the money I'm going to buy coilovers(Progress, but will keep ride height to HFP or just a little shorter), as well as new ball joints, and redo the front.

I'm curious what else I should replace while I'm at it. So far I'm considering-
Tie Rods(suggestions?)
Tie Rod Ends(suggestions?)

Am I forgetting anything? Is there any benefit from replacing the rear control arms/bushings if they look good, but have ~160k on them?

I will eventually replace the rear sway, but hadn't gotten around to it.

Thanks.

Ubeyo
03-23-2014, 08:40 AM
rear control arms do nothing but you could take off the plastic shields on them and paint them to makem look sexy xD

Hasbro
03-23-2014, 12:30 PM
At 160k you can consider all bushings to be well past their prime. Progress springs would be very nice at 3/4 to 1".

LeeStrange
03-30-2014, 07:56 PM
Hi,

I'm in a similar position, but instead of starting a new thread, I'll just piggyback this one.

Planning on going A-Spec. What else should I do at the same time? Mostly interested in beefing things up for reliability, handling isn't as important (daily driver).

Probably will do bushings, and type-s rear sway bar at the very least. Anything else I should look into?

ryboto
04-01-2014, 10:11 AM
At 160k you can consider all bushings to be well past their prime. Progress springs would be very nice at 3/4 to 1".

Yea, the drivers side went a while back, replaced them with Energy Suspension, but they've got slop in them after only a year. Couldn't pass up the Moog control arms, and those come with OE style bushings, so that's the route I'll be going.

What suggestions do you guys have for tie rods/ends? I wont be slamming the suspension, like I said, just similar, if not a little lower than HFP, so I wasn't sure if I'd need the inverted tie rods.

ryboto
07-20-2014, 08:30 PM
So, I'm going to go forward(finally) getting parts for the suspension. So far this is my list of things I will install-

Progress Coilovers
Moog front LCA's(for new bushings)
Moog front Ball joints
Moog Tie Rod ends
Moog Sway Bar Endlinks

Eventually 05 RSX-S sway bar/sway bar bushings and new moog endlinks.

Now I've discovered that I should probably replace rear arm bushings as well...I want to avoid Energy Suspension Poly bushings...
Should I even attempt this? Seems like the Trailing arm is too expensive to just replace....

Are there 4 trailing arm bushings? Should I replace the rear control arm to replace that bushing?

Her-Name's-Ally
07-22-2014, 06:09 PM
I would go with RCAs if you are lowering. I have the buddy clubs and they are nice.

Her-Name's-Ally
07-22-2014, 06:10 PM
moog is good for everything else. The ES bushings are good too for the LCAs

ryboto
07-22-2014, 06:32 PM
moog is good for everything else. The ES bushings are good too for the LCAs

I had the ES up front and they got sloppy, so I want to go to an OE style bushing. They're actually not too expensive to buy from Honda. It just looks like one of the bushings on the trailing arm can't be bought, so I wonder what I'll do if it needs replacing.

As for the coilovers, I chose progress just because they seem hassle free, no adjustments other than ride height, and for that, I don't plan on really going much lower, if at all, than the HFP suspension is right now.