PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a problem with hills?

snubnose
01-18-2003, 09:07 AM
I love my Si and it's a fine car but I have a problem getting over hills with it.

Sometimes I have to get out and push.

I'm not saying the car is underpowered because it is fine going downhill. But sometimes going uphill it strains and starts to roll backwards.

But I think I have solved the problem. I just don't go anywhere with hills.

r3p00c
01-18-2003, 09:15 AM
no problem here... I've got plenty of torque to spare going up the biggest hills. are you tryin to go up in 5th or something? I don't know what to tell you...

TrippZ
01-18-2003, 09:23 AM
yeah with hills i try and put it in a lower gear for more snappy power response

i also try and aproach really steep hills at an angle with a little speed to back me up

snubnose
01-18-2003, 09:24 AM
No, I'm in the right gear, it's just like the hill's too high for the car.

Dunrick
01-18-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by snubnose
I love my Si and it's a fine car but I have a problem getting over hills with it.

I'm not saying the car is underpowered because it is fine going downhill. But sometimes going uphill it strains and starts to roll backwards.

What the fuck is your damage hahahah - seriously, you cant make it up hills? rofl......try shifting to first or second gear- you have probably been lugging your engine which is about the worst thing you can do to it - SHIFT DANIEL SON ---- I've kinda figured anything below 2k rpm is lugging.....so always shift in a gear where your above 2k - keep hope alive :p

IceD out N CALI
01-18-2003, 09:31 AM
i would suggest you downshift to the appropriate gear and give it some gas then u should be fine. if you still have a problem check your tires maybe one or more is really low on air or something;)

snubnose
01-18-2003, 09:33 AM

IceD out N CALI
01-18-2003, 09:35 AM
do you mean high like the altitude(i.e. 10,000 feet) or high like maybe the grade is really steep? or is it that you have this problem on any hill big or small?

RocketHatch
01-18-2003, 10:06 AM
I drive over a mountain everyday on my way to work and have no problems. What do you mean by hills do you consider pikes peak a hill???

Jpax
01-18-2003, 11:36 AM
This is got to be the dumbest shit i have read in a long time..can't make it up hill.

PAX *jumps in car* starts car..... shifts into first drives near hill shifts into sec. drives faster. shifts into 3rd drives faster starting up hill................cars rpm hold @ 5000 getting near top...............still cars rpms hold @ 5000..................... at top.* yells* VVVVVVVVVVVVV------- TEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHH

02SilverSiHB
01-18-2003, 11:39 AM
strange I don't have any probs. I'll leave it in 5th as low as 40mph and go up hills

IceD out N CALI
01-18-2003, 11:41 AM
to get to school everyday I gotta go up a steep 1 mile grade and no probs, either:)

taikahn
01-18-2003, 11:59 AM
what a fucking troll

gpt
01-18-2003, 12:14 PM

I think i've solved your problem: you know your keys right - well put them in the ignition and turn till you hear a humming noise from the engine compartment, then try to put it in gear and go up a hill. I think you will find this works a whole lot better than pushing!

Also make sure you have gas in your car, else you aint gonna get a humming noise from the engine compartment.:angel:

snubnose
01-18-2003, 12:17 PM
I own an Si so I'm allowed to joke about it.

DocofMind
01-18-2003, 12:19 PM

Dood, i think your just too high for the car. STop smoking that shit and pass it over here:eek:

Either you have no clue how to drive a manual or you are blowing smoke up everyones ass.

Dallas2k2Si
01-18-2003, 12:21 PM
I notice that when I have the cruise set on the open road, and a big hill comes up, I pass everyone that was pacing me, including everything from SUV's to Northstar Cad's. This little bugger has an aggressive cruise control that gains just a tad on the hills instead of slipping. That's in 5th gear at legal speeds. If you are having trouble with hills, then there is something specifically wrong with your car.

gpt
01-18-2003, 12:27 PM
I own an Si so I'm allowed to joke about it.

I took your post as a joke, so my response was a joke. Don't mean to offend you, I hope you can see the sarcasm in my response.;)

Seriously though, I usually find I can pull past most other cars on a hill, if you can't there may be a problem with your car, you should get it checked out.

snubnose
01-18-2003, 12:30 PM
No, I saw the humor in your post. I thought trippz was joking too when he said he "takes hills at an angle." I hope he was joking.

chakra71
01-18-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Dallas2k2Si
I notice that when I have the cruise set on the open road, and a big hill comes up, I pass everyone that was pacing me, including everything from SUV's to Northstar Cad's. This little bugger has an aggressive cruise control that gains just a tad on the hills instead of slipping. That's in 5th gear at legal speeds. If you are having trouble with hills, then there is something specifically wrong with your car.

i notice the same thing, not sure if it's specificly the cruise control or if it's the VTC changing to give more power when needed. i kinda prefer to think it's the latter... honda made it, so i want the car to use it.