PDA

View Full Version : Camber questions!

Ubeyo
03-25-2014, 12:58 PM
so i just got my car aligned and i was trying to get -2 camber in the front. I have camber bolts and the allignment guy could only get the camber to -0.7. Anyone have any idea why this is?

Hasbro
03-26-2014, 11:49 AM
Bump for answer. My circumstances were different so never had a problem.

USAF EP3
03-26-2014, 12:19 PM
Most common reason I can think of is because if he were to camber the front tires any more he would run out of toe adjustment.

Common issue with the DC5/EP3 platform, if you are lowered beyond 2 inches the strut suspension cambers out and toes in. He probably tried to set the camber then toe and realized that he had to redo the camber when he ran out of threads on the tie rods to thread into the tie rod end. Ask him that and see if I'm right!

With our suspension the more static camber you dial in the more the suspension toes in. It's a love-hate relationship I have with this platform. www.dvrace.com sells custom tie rods for situations like these, I bought myself a set and even if you don't need them for extreme lowering it's still a brand new pair of tie rods and I'm sure your OEM ones are beat to shit anyway!

sam10k
03-26-2014, 02:08 PM
How many pairs of bolts you have? I'm facing toe out of spec problem as well. But I'm adjusting the camber by coilover pillowball upper mount. I have ordered two pairs of bolts, let see how they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKAahlecks
07-20-2016, 11:26 PM
Anyone have an answer to this? I'm planning to switch my top hats for caster and then get camber bolts for dial in my camber. Anyone know whats the max negative camber one can attain with camber bolts?