PDA

View Full Version : custom headliner

ThatSilverEP3
04-05-2014, 01:36 PM
Has anyone done a custom headliner on their ep?done some type of fabric wrap or some sort?
I'm curious on how it was done.just looking to do something a little different since the owner before me put a few cig burns in it.
Any pics or info will help.thanks guys!!!!

oldschoolimport
04-05-2014, 01:59 PM
I did the headliner in my daughters 01 sedan. remove the trim and lights, pull the headliner out thru the hatch and lay it face up on a table that you don't care if it gets stuff on it. remove the cloth, the foam backing, and as much old glue as you can. cut the cloth bigger than you need it, lay it over the headliner and fold half of it back on itself. get 3m extra heavy duty headliner spray adhesive (the regular stuff will fall). spray that on the back that is folded and also on the cleaned headliner shell. let it sit a few minutes to get tacky, and with help, pull it over the glued side (it is best with 2 people holding the corners, so you can fit it). start at the center fold, pressing it down to the headliner shell, working center out. keep it snug but not tight. when you get it all down, repeat with the other side. when you trim out the holes, the fabric will have enough glue to hold the extra behind the shell.

oldschoolimport
04-05-2014, 02:03 PM
did the door panels also. its just houndstooth cloth from joann fabric, but any fabric will work.

ThatSilverEP3
04-09-2014, 05:51 PM
where did you pick up the adhesive?

usedep3
04-09-2014, 08:02 PM
did the door panels also. its just houndstooth cloth from joann fabric, but any fabric will work.

as cheesy as it sounds, you bleed honda, don't you?

oldschoolimport
04-11-2014, 11:58 AM
as cheesy as it sounds, you bleed honda, don't you?yezzir! Between bike and cars, I own 8. Lol...

where did you pick up the adhesive?
I got mine thru O'Reilly auto parts. Just make sure you don't get regular spray adhesive.