PDA

View Full Version : greddy anyone??????

2k2ephatchsi
01-18-2003, 11:03 AM
anyone kno of any turbo kits coming out by greddy or any manufacturer cause i want one soooooon.........

Vertigo
01-18-2003, 05:38 PM
I'm not up to speed about turbo kits for EP's. I believe that some of the kits for the RSX will work with a little mods. But don't quote me on that.

importhonda
01-18-2003, 09:12 PM
any news on when the greddy kit is comming out? I have seen it on something like 3 CES cars so far

Moose
01-19-2003, 08:54 PM
I believe Drag is comin' out w/ a kit as well.

Suk02Si
01-19-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by importhonda
any news on when the greddy kit is comming out? I have seen it on something like 3 CES cars so far
Same as SEMA, the majority of the cars had their hoods closed but you were able to see the front mount. When I asked a couple companies what was up with the intercooler, they said "what you see is what we have." The only cars that probably had a working system were the HKS car and D3/FiberImages car(I even doubt this one after seeing/hearing it run at the SoCal meet).

surfsi
01-25-2003, 07:51 AM
As a matter a fact greddy is coming out with a turbo kit in mid 03,and XS is another good turbo kit that will probally beat greddy to the punch. I'm pretty sure you can get one fron rev-hard but I heard their hardware is shit. The one thing I liked about XS is the large intercooler that is used also with the skyline GTRs! I've checked all of the websites and the only thingI can tell you is what I'm telling myself, THE PROS turbos in production,THECONS we have to wait a little longer to blow away the compatition!!!

NamingException
02-04-2003, 04:13 PM
Here's the response that I got back from GReddy:

>Could you tell me if you plan on offering a turbo kit for the '02+ Civic Si?
>>
>> Thanks.

Thanks for your interest in GReddy Products. Currently we are working on a
turbo for that vehicle, but we do not have any specific information, like
construction, power gains, pricing or an expected release date yet. Once
everything is confirmed and ready to be sold, we will then release all of
that info. Please keep in touch with your favorite Authorized Greddy dealer
for more updates. http://greddy.com/dealers/

o2seriouSi
02-05-2003, 12:50 AM
i would like to boost my ep also but has anyone found a homemade turbo kit yet i was just wondering:D

bioevolve
02-08-2003, 02:51 PM
here http://www.cybernationmotorsports.com
get your turbo from them, or they will do it for you if you're florida.

Skidtron89
02-13-2003, 08:06 PM
remember GReddy is street leagl and almost all others are not like XS and rev hard and drag to name a few

ballsdeep
02-20-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by bioevolve
here http://www.cybernationmotorsports.com
get your turbo from them, or they will do it for you if you're florida.

Someone from there company was on this forum a few months back looking for an Ep owner in Florida willing to let them experiment I wonder what came of that.

norcalSI
02-20-2003, 03:30 PM
i called a local tuner shop that sells a whole lot of greddy stuff and they said the turbo wil be out in august...

fsugatorbait
02-24-2003, 03:32 PM
emailed greddy about their turbo and here's what they said:

Thanks for your interest in GReddy Products. We are still currently working on the Civic Si Turbo kit. However we do not have any specific data to release at this time (no boost levels, horsepower, or pricing yet). We hope to have the kit available in early 2003. What we can tell you is the kit will be a good
bolt on street kit, that has a lot of room for upgrading. It will probably include new stainless cast manifold, downpipe adapter, some sort of 18G turbo, and a pre programmed fuel enrichment unit, and all the necessary pipes and hardware, but again this is all preliminary and it may change. Please keep in touch with your favorite Authorized Greddy dealer for more updates.

chet
02-24-2003, 06:29 PM
Area 51 has one in the works. I have a thread here in boost that gives a little info on their setup. Someone else has been to Area 51's shop and spoke to them. There's a thread in the engine forum. The email I received said they were getting about 205whp. Seems a bit light for a turbo. I am waiting to see if they can get it to the 235 -40 range at least before I'll consider one.