PDA

View Full Version : Keep stock parts?

tlikethedrink
04-22-2014, 10:48 PM
I have a mess of stock car parts that I can decide if I want to sell or not. Ecu springs IM exhaust header cat wing rear sway...
Thing is I don't plan on using them. But I feel like if I ever sell the car I should have them.

Worth selling? Even if let's say I want to buy something in the next year or two?

Ubeyo
04-22-2014, 11:06 PM
you have your stock suspension? lol let me know if you sell them might be interested lol

tlikethedrink
04-23-2014, 07:33 AM
I have stock springs. May be a pricey to ship. Will send pm

usedep3
04-23-2014, 08:41 AM
2 things I'd consider:

1) Do you plan to keep the EP3 for the foreseeable future? God willing, I don't plan to let this one go.

2) Are you hurting for funds or space? When my ep got totaled, I had most of my stock parts. I sold the shocks and 'lent' my exhaust to a buddy. Losing a 'moogen' twin loop cat back and a brand new hfp suspension sucked. Being a few payments shy of paying off my first car added insult to injury. Silver lining was being able to convert my car back to (almost) stock form before they took her away. That's when that patience paid off. I just sprayed and then threw my old parts onto my next ep3. I sold the extras I didn't want/need.

The EP is almost 'finished' now and I guess in the end, I'm happy I had everything.

chrisbtsc
04-23-2014, 09:31 AM
I always keep all my stock parts. When I do end up selling the buyer is usually happy to have at least some of the stuff. Whatever they end up not needing I end up selling.

Passenger
05-11-2014, 05:16 PM
I always keep all my stock parts. When I do end up selling the buyer is usually happy to have at least some of the stuff. Whatever they end up not needing I end up selling.

I'm sorry, what?

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/image.php?u=44993&dateline=1386699653

soquel1
05-11-2014, 05:52 PM
I don't plan to sell mine. I've worked very hard to get the car the way it is now. I may lose interest in the future, can't really say. But I like to keep things that mean something to me no matter how big or small etc. With that said, the majority of my OEM parts are gone lol.

tlikethedrink
05-11-2014, 07:28 PM
I have all my stock parts. I may polish my stock im this summer if I get bored. I'll have plenty to keep me busy tho. And if I do sell the new owner can do whatever they want with everything

soquel1
05-11-2014, 08:19 PM
Cool. Yeah polishing the IM is quite a task..... But when done the results are totally worth it. Good luck and post pics when done !

ericfrom702
06-13-2014, 03:12 PM
Keep the stock parts. Then sell them if someone really needs something small. I kept both my stock h's someone was looking for them and sold them even though I never put em up for sale