PDA

View Full Version : Steering response

EP3Lov3
05-20-2014, 05:07 PM
What can I do to improve my steering response? My tie rod angles are reasonable but I'll be raising the front a bit to make them more parallel. Would the 05-06 RSX-S front mid brace upgrade help? What else can be done? Front sway is stock as well.

USAF EP3
05-22-2014, 05:56 AM
If you start with replacing all the suspension parts with rubber bushings that are now old and brittle with new parts, polyurethane or spherical bushings you will greatly improve your steering feedback.

EP3Lov3
05-22-2014, 10:06 AM
If you start with replacing all the suspension parts with rubber bushings that are now old and brittle with new parts, polyurethane or spherical bushings you will greatly improve your steering feedback.

Will be doing the DC5-R lca along with the pci spherical kit and the DC5-R front sway. Hoping that will give me the feedback I like, excited for the Z2 Star Specs to come out as well, will upgrade to those next year

WhiteComet
05-22-2014, 01:57 PM
PCI sphericals greatly increase feedback. I love mine.

Another factor that makes a huge difference in feedback is the tire/wheel combo. You want a nice square setup and not go too wide a tire in relation to the wheel.

Powers
05-22-2014, 05:33 PM
PCI sphericals greatly increase feedback. I love mine.

Another factor that makes a huge difference in feedback is the tire/wheel combo. You want a nice square setup and not go too wide a tire in relation to the wheel.

I second this. Also the front brace isn't to shabby of a upgrade either. Remove some of the unsprung weight made a great difference to me at least.

Her-Name's-Ally
05-22-2014, 07:58 PM
the tires make such a big difference.

Her-Name's-Ally
05-22-2014, 07:59 PM
btw do you have the mid bar peter?

EP3Lov3
05-23-2014, 09:57 AM
btw do you have the mid bar peter?

The rsx-s one?

USAF EP3
05-24-2014, 10:03 PM
the tires make such a big difference.

I wholeheartedly agree with you but there's no sense in upgrading the tires if the rest of the suspension components are already beat to hell to begin with. Considering that the last made EP3 is already going to be 10 years old, rubber parts are going to be brittle and broken by now.

If he were to put on a set of fresh, grippy tires he might end up putting more strain on the already worn suspension than there presently is.

EP3Lov3
05-26-2014, 10:41 AM
I wholeheartedly agree with you but there's no sense in upgrading the tires if the rest of the suspension components are already beat to hell to begin with. Considering that the last made EP3 is already going to be 10 years old, rubber parts are going to be brittle and broken by now.

If he were to put on a set of fresh, grippy tires he might end up putting more strain on the already worn suspension than there presently is.

I already have pretty grippy tires now (225/45/17 goodyear eagle F1 asymmetric 2)

I will be swapping out bushings this year as well

Her-Name's-Ally
05-27-2014, 01:18 PM
The mid bar that goes where the back seats are. Its like $40 on ebay. Its the mugen replica. That made a noticeable difference to me.

EP3Lov3
05-28-2014, 08:37 AM
The mid bar that goes where the back seats are. Its like $40 on ebay. Its the mugen replica. That made a noticeable difference to me.

I'd rather do the ITR floor bar since that rear mid bar would affect functionality of the hatch space lol