PDA

View Full Version : eps rack rebuild ?

geeio
06-01-2014, 04:22 PM
I was working on the car, upgraded the clutch, and ive always had this weird steering issue where the car would pull rather hard on uneven ground. While in the air i tried to move the wheel while bolted on up and down and left to right and the car would move on the left to right movement, we'll say in the 3 and 9 o'clock position. My tie rods are worn original 120k mi but they were not moving i saw the rack its self was moving slightly up and down where the inner tie rods come together. read on the uk type r forums to get the slider replaced and it should remove that problem, bought the slider, removed the rack and put it back together after some good greasing of it all and it still has some movement. has any one had a rack rebuilt? would this be the best next step? looking for some feed back .

Ive had my car now 4 years, ive really enjoyed it, it has been lowered since i bought it and have changed the suspension to include H&r coilovers, hotchkis camber plates, pci bushings in the lower control arms and 05 rsx rear sway bar with upgraded links, and some rear camber arms, tierod ends are no more than a year old and have no exessive play, inner rods are being replaced but i dont want to put the rack back in yet, let me hear some opinions.

riceislame
06-03-2014, 11:52 AM
you need some extended ball joints, out of that whole list I was honestly expecting those to be on there, it greatly helps to correct the suspension geometry once you've lowered it. for a 150 there not a bad idea.

geeio
06-03-2014, 02:05 PM
I guess I forgot to put them on that list. I have the hard race roll center adjusters.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk