PDA

View Full Version : electrical problems

02blacksi
06-04-2014, 06:13 AM
I left my car sitting for 7 days. When I drove my car after it had sat I began to find all sorts of random problems. 1. Parking brake indicator light is stuck on. 2. Air conditioning isnt blowing cold air(compressor doesn't come on) 3. Windshield wipers dont work when you spray mist or on intermid(work fine on medium and high) 4. Door locks won't work with remote or switch button in car. Anyone have any ideas? Where to start...

02blacksi
06-04-2014, 02:43 PM
Anyone?

mack
06-05-2014, 12:01 PM
always check your fuses first.

tlikethedrink
06-05-2014, 02:11 PM
make sure to go through every switch. make sure its making contact, oxidation can prohibit the switches from engaging. i doubt thats the case after only a week of non usage. i would take my car to an autoparts store to check the alt and battery charge/system.

02blacksi
06-05-2014, 07:16 PM
The car starts right up.. no hesitation. .. runs good...

02blacksi
06-05-2014, 07:47 PM
I checked all the fuses except the ones that you need a screw driver to take out... all looked brand new

02blacksi
06-06-2014, 03:09 PM
Any more guesses? Dome light also doesn't work lol

tlikethedrink
06-07-2014, 07:37 AM
Fuses under the dash too? Also look around for chewed wires- rats and mice love it for nests! May be where the term came from...

nonamealr
07-23-2014, 04:44 PM
DUDE I'm having the exact same problem! Brake light indicator stays on, ac won't turn on, door locks and dome lights wont' work either. Haven't checked windshield wipers. It happened to me when i had it sitting in the hot sun, would work sometimes, now it's not working at all... Any help would be nice. It's not the fuses either.
Any wiring diagrams maybe? they must be connected somewhere.

nonamealr
07-23-2014, 04:47 PM
It's probably something like the drink mentioned. under the dash, some chewed wires or something. How do you get the dash off to check?

smykhaisouk
04-01-2015, 03:24 PM
I have th exact same problem. Brake light, no AC, wipers only work in one setting, power locks out, dome light doesn't work when door is open( yes the switch is in the correct positin) and the high beams won't stay on when in the ON position. Crazy! One day I started the car and all of these problems went away but once I turned it off and restarted, all the problems came back. HELP!!!

USAF EP3
04-02-2015, 12:44 PM
You guys know there was a Honda recall for all early EP3's for a faulty length wiring inside the steering column that when turning the steering it would slowly pull the pins out from the plug and cause a short in the system and cause almost every single problem that has been mentioned in this thread.

NotoriousNate96
09-24-2017, 08:20 AM
This is the first time I have seen a thread with my exact issue. Did anyone get it fixed? I'm currently trying to figure it out. I found that pushing the float a few times in the brake fluid resivoir made the problem go away temporarily but now that isn't fixing it. I'm pretty confident that the issue is somewhere in there

NotoriousNate96
10-14-2017, 12:37 PM
Just a update here: I replaced the brake fluid resivoir and the problem has continued still. I’m going to be getting deeper into the issue but there is something called a multiplex control until and has to do with all my issues so I’m leaning to that as the problem

feralcomp
10-24-2017, 05:23 PM
What's the latest, Nate?

NotoriousNate96
01-08-2018, 07:39 PM
sorry for the delay. kinda forgot I posted on here. I got it fixed last week. the problem was a faulty multiplex control unit. that is part of the under-dash fuse box and can not be bought separate. I was lucky enough to buy one from a part out for $20. pretty simple to replace. just one 10mm bolt, slide down the fuse box and there is about 20 plugs