PDA

View Full Version : First Time Racing Header Installation! So excited!

Jan Humphries
06-04-2014, 06:01 PM
Hey guys. Really excited. Just ordered my EP3 spec OBX V2 Racing Headers / Energy Suspension Motor Mount Inserts
and an O2 sensor simulator defouler thingy lol.

Two of my friends are mechanics and I'm taking my car to the dealership to install these. I'm confident in their abilities but
had some questions and wanted them answered by people that have probably done this before.

My first friend told me that removing the O2 sensor might be tricky because since it fluctuates in temperature from hot to cold
it might be hard to get out. Do you guys have any tips for removing the O2 sensor(s) safely? I really don't have the cash to spend
on new O2 sensors lol.

I bought an O2 sensor defouler simulator thingy and hopefully it works. I wanted the right angle one but he sent me the straight one instead.. will this pose a problem?

Thank you in advance!

This RH will be going into an EP3 spec Magnaflow cat back exhaust.

wcmbrk
06-05-2014, 01:57 AM
I had my header installed after I already commuted to work...no issues with it when they (the shop took it off)

Her-Name's-Ally
06-05-2014, 06:56 AM
Not very difficult, they should be fine. I have a regular defouler and it didnt work for me. The angled one I hear is better. It has worked for many people. It should be a simple in and out thing I wouldn't stress too much about it. You will enjoy the couple extra ponies.

tlikethedrink
06-05-2014, 02:08 PM
spray them with wd-40 in advance. depending on the header and o2 defouler you may need an extension for the sensor (atleast that was the case for my DCRH). i took the clip that holds the o2 sensor plug to the chassis. gave me the extra length i needed!

Jan Humphries
06-05-2014, 03:55 PM
Hmm thanks guys. Hopefully the straight O2 defouler will work. I sent in a complaint to eBay. Let's cross our fingers.

So excited! Love this community you guys are great. I love how South Carolina doesn't have emissions inspections therefore running a straight pipe with no
catalytic converter lol. My neighbors are going to HATE me! Weeee :) I think with the racing headers and mount inserts I should notice a pretty big difference in shifting / torque / handling. So far just have a short ram intake and magnaflow cat back. Going with I/H/E until I pay the car off then probably going to boost it.

Next is probably upgrading the stock speakers (already have Kenwood head unit) and maybe a spoiler and lowering springs. I gotta try to not spend so much money on this damn car but it's so hard because I love it!

Her-Name's-Ally
06-06-2014, 12:25 PM
Yuuup its addicting. get some coilovers. You will notice a huge difference...it will be a new car. Then maybe get kpro or a reflash.

Jan Humphries
06-07-2014, 03:54 AM
So I should get coilovers and not just lowering springs? Which brand would you recommend? I think most of them are like $1200 which is a bit steep. In what ways will the car seem different? Like how does it feel handling wise?

tlikethedrink
06-07-2014, 07:35 AM
Personally, I am a set it and forget it type. 1st I went springs( rsx-s spec eibach sport lines) and the "stance" was perfect IMO. But later the stock went out and ride quality really sucked. When it came time to replace them I wanted another set it' set up. You will see a lot of posts talking about A-Spec,!look it up if your not already familiar... If your like me with the set it and forget it stuff, this is the suspension for you! : ) it offers a nice balance of Oem quality, performance and a mild "drop".
Coil overs range from $300-$3000, ok maybe a little high, but you can def blow a few grand on them. Depends what your looking for. There's tons of info on those in these forums also.

Good luck

Jan Humphries
06-11-2014, 04:59 AM
Just an update guys my car sounds SICK now. I have the OBX Racing Headers to the Magnaflow Catback Exhaust. Highly recommend this setup! Also have the K&N Typhoon short ram if that makes a difference. The motor mount inserts made a massive difference when shifting and I'm digging the vibrations too. Makes the car feel like a lil race car or something lol. So happy! Getting out the front motor mount was a pain in the ass.

tlikethedrink
06-11-2014, 07:06 AM
:pump::pump:
Just an update guys my car sounds SICK now. I have the OBX Racing Headers to the Magnaflow Catback Exhaust. Highly recommend this setup! Also have the K&N Typhoon short ram if that makes a difference. The motor mount inserts made a massive difference when shifting and I'm digging the vibrations too. Makes the car feel like a lil race car or something lol. So happy! Getting out the front motor mount was a pain in the ass.

Nice. Post vids and pics!