PDA

View Full Version : Civic Type R rims

civic hatch boi
07-23-2002, 11:39 AM
anyone know where to get thse and how much? i think they're really bad ass...
also.. the "performance package" for the civic Ex has rims that look sorta like the ctr's. check them out. they're pretty cool

SBC31
07-24-2002, 02:47 PM
Ther real Type R rims have 5 lug holes so unless you convert the rotors and so on, don't bother.

Luckily Honda does have a 4 lug nut version like the ones found on the Civic coupe, but I'm sure they are overpriced if you get them from Honda.

SiCivic2k2
07-25-2002, 05:05 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1834658264

Auction already ended, but maybe you can contact the guy and see where he got them from. Like SBC said though, you'll need a 5 lug conversion which would be kinda pricey. There's the link anyway.

AkronSi
07-25-2002, 11:08 AM
When i was in getting my oil change recently, the dealer had an EX that had a factory body kit and was lowered with 16" rims that looked just like the CTRs.

They were unbelievably expensive. I looked at the sticker and it was well over $3000. I think that included the suspension tweeks to. But, even the salesman didn't recommend getting it.

SmoothOperator
07-25-2002, 08:29 PM
An aquaintance of mine, contacted the manufacturer that makes the integra type-R rims for honda. He special ordered their rims in 18" for his black prelude. I never asked how much he payed... his parents flipped the bill.:rolleyes: