PDA

View Full Version : oil disappearing ? please read, help and advice

jonarms21
06-15-2014, 01:29 AM
So i got 170k miles bought it at 160k since i got my oil just goes away just did an oil change 2 weeks ago and today is almost bone dry. And i say its disappearing bcuz i dont have any leaks and it doesnt look likes its burning ( no blue smoke what so ever). So maybe will a new oi pump help. If i do. Ill prolly do water pump and timing chain as well. So my next question is , is there anyway to look at these parts and be able to see if they have already been changed ? To whomever replys to this thank you

superchargedk20
06-15-2014, 12:00 PM
When u did ur oil change how much oil came out of the pan?

nhbpa3
06-16-2014, 09:07 AM
I'm at similar mileage, I go through about a quart between oil changes. It looks like my oil pan gasket is fatigued but I never have any oil accumulate on the ground. So for me it's a slow burn off. I would recommend water pump serp belt and thermostat regardless. Not sure if oil pump will help you.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

superchargedk20
06-16-2014, 08:07 PM
High mileage ur gona see oil burn. Valve seals start to leak. My rsx is doing it at 130k. But the op is saying it's bone dry... that means not a drop

jonarms21
06-21-2014, 12:30 AM
High mileage ur gona see oil burn. Valve seals start to leak. My rsx is doing it at 130k. But the op is saying it's bone dry... that means not a drop
When i did the oi change it doesnt matter because im always adding more. But what should i do to make a be a little better on oil. Btw to the other guy above i just didba serp belt but i may look into doing the water pump that wouldn't affect my oil system at all would it ? Just cooling system. And you would know id the thermostat was out right. Again having to do with cooling systrm