PDA

View Full Version : end links not perpendicular to sway bar

cja3455
06-15-2014, 08:28 AM
is it a problem if the end links are not perpendicular to the rear sway bar ? I upgraded my rear sway bar to itr dc5 typr R 22mm sway bar and used stock end links which are not fitting perpendicularly to the sway bar as shown in the attachement, is this a problem or I can just keep them like that ? other then that the bar and links are stable and the car drives great

cja3455
06-17-2014, 08:01 AM
bump, 50 views no answer ?? anybody has this ITR sway on their EP3 ? can you comment what endlinks you are using and if they are pointing 90degree vertical ?

cow
06-17-2014, 08:30 AM
Is the bar installed properly? I can't tell from that picture if this is the issue, so do factor in that caveat, but I remember there being an issue with the fitment on EP3 anti-sway bars being installed backwards causing binding of the end links.

Basically, the bar gets installed upside down, but it "fits."

cja3455
06-17-2014, 09:13 AM
I installed it similar to the one on icb website

http://www.icbmotorsport.com/jdmindc5tyrs.html

once the bar make the turn and point forward: it goes up, then down, then up. if It was flipped, it will go down, then up, then down. so I think I didn't flip it. what I think the problem is that the bar width is a little smaller then OEM or maybe my car frame is extended

cow
06-17-2014, 09:17 AM
Word word. Beyond my initial suggestion, I don't have any theories.

Bump for answers.

I have the same sway bar, also brought from icb years ago. I just went to look at my setup and it's also not perpendicular. Maybe not as severe as shown, but that may be due to a different camera angle.

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk