PDA

View Full Version : Skunk2 exhaust, OBX race header

OZZYG_EP3
07-01-2014, 02:57 PM
So this thing was a bitchh to install and wound up taking it to my buddy's shop to get some help. we wound up getting everything on as good as possible, but when im driving around it sounds like the exhaust itself it banging under the passenger seat, but my buddy says its the header hitting my stock sway bar. I think the exhaust header combo sounds great, but this banging when im driving around is annoying and im thinking that if all that is shaking that much, and the header/exhaust is a solid combo, i dont want it shaking my motor and ripping out my motor mounts.

Pleasee some suggestions. anything would help. this is my DD

wcmbrk
07-01-2014, 07:26 PM
i installed innovative mounts all the way around and the banging went away...also check some of the heat shields...sometimes they need to be bent so they don't rattle...

Her-Name's-Ally
07-01-2014, 08:00 PM
I took of the heat shield and all that surrounding metal shi

OZZYG_EP3
07-02-2014, 07:48 PM
any suggestions other than motor mounts? is it the engine shaking and torquing thats causing the whole exhaust to shake and hit the bottom of my car? and would lowering it slightly so its father from the bottom of my car help at all since im not lowered at all.

OZZYG_EP3
07-02-2014, 07:50 PM
im bringing it back to my buddy's shop tomorrow to take a better look but im scared to drive too much cause i dont want to fuck up my motor mounts. so any suggestions before tomorrow afternoon that i can discuss with my buddy would be appreciated.

usedep3
07-03-2014, 05:36 AM
You have a k24 right? If so, it's most likely the header making contact with the front sway. Which motor/front sway combo do you have?

If you look behind your motor from the top of the engine bay, you should be able to see how close everything is under load.

If you're not to far from bergen county, I have the thinner em2 sway bar you can try. I don't think I've sold it yet and it may be in storage. It should give you more clearance between the header and sway.

OZZYG_EP3
07-03-2014, 07:20 AM
I have a stock k20a3 with aem v2 intake (too much flooding by me and my buddy with the same car hydrolocked his engine a few years back), skunk2 megapower r exhaust and obx v2 header. stock sway bar and stock motor. do you think good motor mounts will stop this from happening?

it only happens occassionally, and when it does its most often when im braking under 20 mph, in neutral. im just nervous im gonna crack my brand new header or exhaust, orr im gonna break a motor mount and my engine is gonna shift, causing other shit to crack.

if motor mounts are really the only option, ill do that, but i was trying to hold off on buying them until i have issues with what i have, but this may be a serious enough issue.

OZZYG_EP3
07-03-2014, 07:21 AM
and yeah I'm like a half hour out of bergen county, here in Union. ill keep you updated and PM you if i need that sway bar. my mechanic said the header is knocking the sway bar a little, but the noise that concerns mee sounds like the exhaust piping hitting directly under the passenger seat

tlikethedrink
07-03-2014, 08:53 AM
inserts are CHEAP! $30 give or take.

OZZYG_EP3
07-03-2014, 12:13 PM
will esmm do the trick or do i need to get innovative motor mounts