PDA

View Full Version : Kmod review = wasted time

mussh
07-14-2014, 04:07 PM
I own a 2003 ep3 with a k20a type r swap. i have owned the car for six years, it had 30k miles when i bought it.
I swapped in the type r engine and used my stock ep3 five speed tranny. the tranny had 120k miles on it at that point.
I put about 20k miles on that tranny reving it to 8k on a daily basis. about two months ago i noticed the syncros acting up. i was having trouble down shifting from 5th to 4th under load.
Even double clutching wouldnt help. I started investigating for a rebuild. I found KMOD performance. They are about six hours driving from me. I called and left a message at the business number.
I got a call back within minutes. I was actually quite surprised. Now lets get one thing out of the way. What attracted me to his business was his open Christianity. I grew up in a Christian
house and my parents are about as honest as it gets. After enquiring to how much it would cost and how long it would take to build, I paid $2,438.00 for the KMOD five speed with carbon syncros and an
Syncrotech LSD.This was on June 5th 2014. I was told it would take him two weeks to get it to me. June 19th.
The very next day, June 6th, my car would not go into reverse. No biggie, I have ordered my new KMOD tranny and already have a resurfaced type r flywheel/ exedy stage two three puck in hand.
I have everything covered, i just need to wait for my tranny.

June 27th 2014
notice that two weeks would have been June 19th, I tried to call marquis to see the status of my tranny. No answer, so i leave a message. he has never called me back, since the first and only call.
I text him explaining who i am and asking the status. He responds "Your trans should ship to you next week. Sorry about the delay. We are extremely busy at the moment. -Marquis- KMOD Performance *Praise God*

July 3rd 2014
I text Marquis again, "How's the tranny looking?"

July 6th Marquis finally responds, "We just have to finish it up & get boxed, ready for shipping. -Marquis- KMOD Performance *Praise God*
With this info i call my mechanic and make bay time for that weekend.

July 9th
I text Marquis, requesting a tracking number.
Marquis responds, "Sorry i doubt that it will be ready by this weekend. It probably wont ship until early next week. -Marquis- KMOD Performance *Praise God*

Now lets look at my position for a second here. I have been without a car for over a month at this point. All i am waiting on is the transmission that i have already paid for.
I cant get groceries without someone driving me. There is no public transportation in my neighborhood. Doing anything other than something around the house, requires me to ask for help.

I have already made bay time with my mechanic, now i need to call him and tell him i cant make it, THANKS MARQUIS!

I ask if he has even started working on it.
Marquis responds, " Yes it started. it will leave out early next. (sorry if it looks like bad english, im quoting his text) Sorry we are just covered up here. Plus i hurt my back last week & we lost a few days with that. Again I'm very sorry. -Marquis- KMOD Performance *Praise God*

ok i have hurt my back before. actually in 2007 i was t-boned by a woman. drivers side impact. felt like i was playing tackle football in the street. i could barely move the next day. let alone drive
or work.

July 10th 2014
After reading horrible reviews about KMOD on blogs, i am starting to really regret having done anything with them at all.
I text Marquis and ask him to agree to a shipment deadline. If he can not ship my tranny by July 14th, please be honest and tell me, so i can make other arrangements.
Marquis responds, "Monday the 14th it is sir. -marquis- kmod performance *praise god*

well guess what!!???
Today is July 14th and i have just reported Marquis for fraud!
He has been lieing to me.

the definition of christian: one who is christ like.
Well Marquis is making christians look dishonest.
Would christ have gotten me that tranny on time? i dont know but, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have lied to me. but I don't need a carpenter, I need a tranny.

the worst part of this whole experience, is now i have to start all over. Marquis wasted a good month of my time.
THANKS MARQUIS AND THANKS KMOD.

i have found another shop and already ordered my tranny.
they have sparkling reviews.........

tlikethedrink
07-14-2014, 04:23 PM
that sucks. the open Christianity kind of through me off when i was browsing the KMOD website. I'm the kind that thinks their work should speak for itself. i hadn't read any negative reviews before this... hopefully it is all cleared up and works out for you in the end.

AttarixEp
07-14-2014, 06:09 PM
I have inquired once before there. Just on that one time as well as seeing so many other reviews, I'm glad I didn't do anything further than send an e-mail to them. What threw me off most, is that they will sell transmissions built already, however do not list all of those parts for sale through them.

If you end up getting refunded, I will get you in contact with the guy who is building my transmission at the moment. He is from Carlisle, Pa. Used to work for Innovative Motor Works, but went back to school and builds tranny's on the side. Hope everything works out. There's nothing worse than getting the run around, especially when thousands of dollars are involved.

superchargedk20
07-14-2014, 06:54 PM
Kmod is the worst. Go on clubrsx and read about the ppg gears he was supposed to do for a member. And he charged u 2438 ?!?! Holy shit...Does no one Know about synchrotec ?? Great communication and i paid 2150 for ur exact same trans. He told me the trans would ship in 2-3 business days. And guess what? It shipped when he said it would. From California to connecticut I got my trans in 1 full week. Contact Dave at synchrotec. Don't bother with kmod. There scum

Euro-Yellow-Ep3
07-14-2014, 07:01 PM
X2! Syncotech is the shit!

Her-Name's-Ally
07-14-2014, 07:27 PM
Dude that sucks. Hope it works out.

klik
07-14-2014, 07:57 PM
That sucks men. Hope u get this resolve tru court.

mussh
07-15-2014, 03:17 AM
as far as a refund is concerned, the tranny was paid for through my credit card. they have a fraud prevention clause.
money is refunded, prior to outcome. so they have already refunded my money. if, after the investigation, I am at fault, then they take it back.
hahahahahaha all I did was pay for a tranny that never shipped.

ok, syncrotech to the rescue. I spoke with james at syncrotech and they are picking up the dropped ball.
they are the company who is building my tranny now, cheaper and I have a weird feeling that I will see a tracking number, soon.
I truly wish I knew of them 6 weeks ago, I am positive I would be driving my car right now.

im waiting for marquis to text me and tell me my tranny is on the way AHAHAHAHA.
my shop has been told to refuse any shipment from KMOD.
he will just end up paying for return shipping also.
STAY AWAY FROM KMOD!
BAD BAD JUJU.

superchargedk20
07-15-2014, 04:41 AM
Good choice on synchrotech!

AceEngineer
07-15-2014, 11:38 AM
Just goes to show you that claiming to be Christian does not guarantee you are not an as$*%# crook. I shy away from people and businesses who put their religion up front on display.

AceEngineer

Ba82Ep3
07-15-2014, 01:00 PM
Yep... the internet doesnt like KMOD. He freely edits anything on his FB page that discredits the company or looks questionable towards them. He always leans on christianity as a defense.

Admittedly its hard to please everyone, and shit does happen, but he does the Hayseus two step instead of trying to make things right when he should.

superchargedk20
07-15-2014, 01:09 PM
Lol. I still love the guy who got the kmod stage one engine installed and it popped during the break in stage. And he did nothing to help the guy

tsxdriver
07-15-2014, 02:25 PM
This guy? http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=110494

superchargedk20
07-15-2014, 02:49 PM
I'm pretty sure that's it. It was awhile ago. But I remember he was a military man

mussh
07-15-2014, 05:43 PM
and the guy in az who had his main bearings spin, but no damage to rods.......
I started reading this stuff and it scared me.

Her-Name's-Ally
07-15-2014, 05:46 PM
That was tough to read but I felt bad for that guy.

superchargedk20
07-15-2014, 09:20 PM
Enjoy this read. I followed this story till the end
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=823781&highlight=kmod+ppg

mussh
07-16-2014, 07:00 AM
Enjoy this read. I followed this story till the end
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=823781&highlight=kmod+ppg

had I read this, I would have avoided KMOD like the plague.
i cant imagine having to wait almost two years and then get something that wasn't even close to what i paid for initially. it still wasn't right.....popping out of 2nd and 4th under low load? WTF?

just goes to show, I should have researched better. I thought I was getting a good deal from someone reasonably close to me.

anyway, live and learn, don't do what I do, do what I say, a tranny in the hand, is worth two in the ep3, don't count your trannies before they hatch........

confidence is high with sycrotech....... wont be long now.

superchargedk20
07-16-2014, 08:12 AM
Keep us updated on what happens with your money situation. Have u heard any thing ?

mussh
07-16-2014, 09:15 AM
Keep us updated on what happens with your money situation. Have u heard any thing ?

American express has already refunded my $2,438.00
they will now investigate and see if I am at fault. if I am, then I will be responsible to pay them back.
ahahahahaha
all I did was use their card to buy a tranny that never shipped.

I am in no way obligated to talk with kmod for any reason at this point. if they have an issue, talk with American express. which im sure has already happened and if it hasn't, I could care less. I SERIOUSLY DOUBT THIS IS HIS FIRST RUN IN WITH FRAUD.

like I said before, i keep expecting to get a message from marquis telling me the tranny is on the way!
ahahahahaha. i can only imagine how long i would have waited for his core deposit. maybe years, cus he is so busy.
he cant seem to get one slightly modified transmission out in five weeks.... i cant imagine waiting for something more complex.

ill let you guys know when I get the tranny from syncrotech. after talking with james, it looks like I will be receiving it sometime next week.

superchargedk20
07-16-2014, 09:25 AM
They usually send u shipping number when it ships

mussh
07-16-2014, 09:59 AM
They usually send u shipping number when it ships

yeah james said they would give me a tracking number as soon as they have it.
he told me 2-3 days to build the tranny. usually takes 3-5 business days for shipping.
I believe I fall into the 5 business days category..... im in Maryland.
if I get it by july 25th, ill be all set to put it in that Saturday.

Ba82Ep3
07-16-2014, 12:26 PM
I read the second thread on ClubRSX. I can imagine that nightmare, feel KMod could have definitely done more, but for those of you who have never built a transmission... sometimes you run into shit OEM parts, shit trans cases, or shit aftermarket parts and end up with shit problems. It does happen.

Im not defending KMod in any way, just offering perspective from a guy that has been down that road and felt totally helpless to explain or resolve an issue that doesnt follow textbook. The best of intentions are tested in a situation like that though, and cream always rises to the top.

mussh
07-16-2014, 02:21 PM
**UPDATE**

Get this, I just got a tracking number from Synchrotech. My new tranny shipped in less than TWO business days.

WOW!
that's how you do business folks.

superchargedk20
07-16-2014, 03:15 PM
Told ya!

tlikethedrink
07-16-2014, 03:21 PM
:thumbu:
**UPDATE**

Get this, I just got a tracking number from Synchrotech. My new tranny shipped in less than TWO business days.

WOW!
that's how you do business folks.

Her-Name's-Ally
07-16-2014, 06:21 PM
damn 2 years? that guy got boned.

tsxdriver
07-17-2014, 01:22 AM
don't count your trannies before they hatch........

Sorry, I just had to! :hay::biggrin1:

mussh
07-17-2014, 05:42 PM
*UPDATE*

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

guess who just texted me that my tranny is ready to ship?
hint, *praise god*

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Tnhatch03
07-17-2014, 06:28 PM
oh wow!

text that mofo and say piss off! you already got your refund and he can keep it!

*UPDATE*

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

guess who just texted me that my tranny is ready to ship?
hint, *praise god*

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

mussh
07-17-2014, 06:59 PM
oh wow!

text that mofo and say piss off! you already got your refund and he can keep it!

absolutely!

someone does not know what deadline means nor honesty for that matter.

superchargedk20
07-17-2014, 07:55 PM
Did u respond ?

wcmbrk
07-17-2014, 07:59 PM
2 thumbs up for Synchrotech...i bought their rebuilt tranny with carbon everything and LSD...they had it at my mechanic in 3 days...glad they continue the great service.

mussh
07-18-2014, 04:53 AM
Did u respond ?

he sends me an e-mail saying sorry it took so long and he will up the shipping to fed-ex express. *praise god*

I respond, "don't. American express has already refunded my money. I will refuse anything you ship. Someone doesn't know the meaning of deadline. If you have any questions, call American express."

you see even if im pissed at you, I wont leave you in the dark.
communication is the key to any relationship. even if its shit you don't wanna hear.

mussh
07-18-2014, 04:59 AM
2 thumbs up for Synchrotech...i bought their rebuilt tranny with carbon everything and LSD...they had it at my mechanic in 3 days...glad they continue the great service.

ABSOLUTELY!

I would be driving my car had I found them five weeks ago!

lets do alittle math here.

on june 5th 2014 I ordered a tranny from kmod. on july 17 2014 kmod is ready to ship.
43 days.

on july 14 2014 I ordered a tranny from Synchrotech. On july 16 2014 I get a tracking number for a shipped tranny.
2 days.

now I am not a mathematician, but even I can see that Synchrotech is the way to go.

Her-Name's-Ally
07-18-2014, 12:22 PM
Like upping the shipping is going to make a difference. what an as$

riceislame
07-21-2014, 09:39 AM
you know I'm really glad I found this thread right here. Me an my best friend were going to buy from kmod at some point in time an now I don't think that will ever happen.... 43 days for a simple transmission, that's seriously a joke, you should really report them to the better business Bureau cause who the hell knows how many other men or women this jackwagon trickster has done this too before. If i were you I would of went down there with the police an filed a formal investigation against those assholes. who knows if that transmission he built you was even able to function, for all you know it could of been someone elses junk. It's really hard to find reputable place to get engines and transmissions from so these guys from KMOD need to be shut the hell down, I know I'm not the only one that feels this way. PLease lets bump this, share the word, put this on K20a clubrsx, etc, where ever ya'll think people will see it that need k series engines and transmissions post it an we can work together to discredit this company, they can try an hide behind religion all they want... but at the end of the day feedback from people like Mussh will prevail an no one will ever want to do business with you. BUMP BUMP BUMP

mussh
07-21-2014, 10:02 AM
if you need a tranny, get it from Synchrotech.

no bullshit, just good honest business.

I posted on k20a.org
but they seem to have the, I told ya so, response. hahahaha

Synchrotech = 2 days.
Kmod = 43 days + bullshit.

easy choice.

superchargedk20
07-21-2014, 10:38 AM
Def post this on clubrsx. Kmod is active over there. I wana hear there excuse

mussh
07-21-2014, 10:49 AM
Def post this on clubrsx. Kmod is active over there. I wana hear there excuse
feel free to link this thread where you deem appropriate.

I grow tired of the witch hunt.

just want to fix my car so I can drive it. ups to deliver my synchrotech tranny tomorrow.

I should have titled the thread differently. I should have titled it "KMOD REVIEW = WASTED TIME".

that way when people type "kmod review" into google, it would show.

cow
07-21-2014, 12:56 PM
This is why I only do business with Satanic car shops. Hail Lord Satan!

mussh
07-21-2014, 01:19 PM
This is why I only do business with Satanic car shops. Hail Lord Satan!

ha!

a younger version of myself would have started responding *hail satan* in my texts........ glad ive matured alittle...not much.
because I was seriously considering it.

cow
07-21-2014, 02:00 PM
ha!

a younger version of myself would have started responding *hail satan* in my texts........ glad ive matured alittle...not much.
because I was seriously considering it.

I occasionally dabble in fucking with people, but I'd have done exactly as you did & been as concise & clear with someone who had that much of my money. I always try to leave myself looking as good & clean as possible should I ever have an issue.

I'm glad things worked out for you.

By the way, did he ever reply to your "refusal of shipment" text?

mussh
07-21-2014, 02:22 PM
I occasionally dabble in fucking with people, but I'd have done exactly as you did & been as concise & clear with someone who had that much of my money. I always try to leave myself looking as good & clean as possible should I ever have an issue.

I'm glad things worked out for you.

By the way, did he ever reply to your "refusal of shipment" text?

yes he did.
the last text he sent me,
july 17 2014 marquis texts "again I am sorry that we did not meet the deadline. there were many delays that caused this to happen. which is of course not your fault. -marquis- kmod performance *praise god*

you figure the guy would have at least called me at some point and said, "look there are many delays that are causing this to happen". but he never did.
hahahaha

anyways after all the bad stuff I have been reading about kmod, I don't trust what I might have gotten.

my new tranny made it to Maryland....tomorrow it ships to the shop.

cow
07-21-2014, 02:33 PM
Send him a picture of your butthole.

chrisbtsc
07-21-2014, 02:40 PM
Send him a picture of your butthole.

Best reply ever... make sure it says "praise god" too.

cow
07-21-2014, 03:30 PM
Best reply ever... make sure it says "praise god" too.

'praise god for this ass'

mussh
07-21-2014, 05:42 PM
fuck man that was some funny shit. I was crackin up.

I get this weird feeling he might pleasure himself to it.

usedep3
07-21-2014, 06:00 PM
I should have titled the thread differently. I should have titled it "KMOD REVIEW = WASTED TIME".

that way when people type "kmod review" into google, it would show.

Done.

I was in the same boat as you a few months ago and I considered KMOD cuz they were semi-close. Praise God for reviews like yours.

mussh
07-21-2014, 06:04 PM
Done.

I was in the same boat as you a few months ago and I considered KMOD cuz they were semi-close. Praise God for reviews like yours.

thank you and im glad you read this first.

cow
07-22-2014, 08:21 AM
fuck man that was some funny shit. I was crackin up.

I get this weird feeling he might pleasure himself to it.
While nasty, it'd certainly be a feather in your 'freaky' cap. I ain't sayin', I'm just saying.

mussh
07-22-2014, 09:14 AM
http://cdn.mrcostumes.com/images/pz/26232/Deluxe-Native-American-Headdress-large.jpg

superchargedk20
07-22-2014, 09:43 AM
Ben stiller?

cow
07-22-2014, 09:50 AM
"how?"

mussh
08-06-2014, 08:35 AM
*UPDATE*

Installed my type r flywheel. I have had it since my swap, but due to a clutch/flywheel misunderstanding, I have had to wait to install it.

http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u327/musshmonk/flywheel_zps538fb22d.jpg (http://s516.photobucket.com/user/musshmonk/media/flywheel_zps538fb22d.jpg.html)

when I installed the new clutch, the reason for transmission issues became quite clear. the exedy oem replacement I installed with type r engine had failed. it had cracked in two places and chipped off a small chunk of metal. I was basically driving clutchless the last 30 miles.
thank god I was smart and bought a new clutch:

http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u327/musshmonk/clutch_zpsea697645.jpg (http://s516.photobucket.com/user/musshmonk/media/clutch_zpsea697645.jpg.html)

and finally the Synchrotech trans:

http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u327/musshmonk/trans_zps1b812448.jpg (http://s516.photobucket.com/user/musshmonk/media/trans_zps1b812448.jpg.html)

man that spline is friggin tight!

so I installed it two weeks ago and finally put about 600 miles on it for break in.

today I gave her the beans and im pretty sure I heard a 4th gear chirp.

SICK!

cow
08-06-2014, 10:50 AM
:thumbu:

mussh
08-30-2014, 03:52 PM
little video of what its like to daily her now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSG-pTQCZlI

I cant get to crazy because its friggin dangerous.