PDA

View Full Version : MORE juicy Hondata info....

Az02Si
01-19-2003, 12:55 AM
Well,had a few runs with my friends 00 Si with i/h/e cam gears and test pipe tonight.He normally traps about 91 mph,and runs anywhere from 15.1 to 15.4ish.Ive NEVER beat this car in my 02 before,id hold him off till top of second then get WALKED due to the shitty shiftpoints the 02 has.....Well,i got my revenge tonight with a few witnesses on hand.60mph roll ons i went 3 for 3 on him.Id get the jump and PULL to 4th gear with him a full car behind(before by then i woulda been done)Did a first gear roll and he was at my rear bumper at 90 mph.He was NOT going anywhere on me now.For the record,im STOCK except suspension/wheels and the Hondata flash.I expected to be KILLED by the B16 on the highway(dont start telling me you stock /near stock guys pull modded B16s on the highway,because with that 82mph 3-4 shift youll get KILLED)but i held my own and didnt let him by.Sorry,but going 5 for 5 against a car i could NEVER run close to after second gear makes me REALLY happy.Were going to try like hell to get incar footage of us racing one of these days for your viewing pleasures.

o2seriouSi
01-19-2003, 01:06 AM
how much did u pay for the hodata flash and were can i find it at
oh yea nice kill it feels great beating ur older brother don't it(99-00 si) lol:D ;)

Az02Si
01-19-2003, 01:11 AM
Flash is going for 600ish,im sure you can contact Hondata for info about dealers in your area.

ep3guy
01-19-2003, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by Az02Si
Well,had a few runs with my friends 00 Si with i/h/e cam gears and test pipe tonight.He normally traps about 91 mph,and runs anywhere from 15.1 to 15.4ish.Ive NEVER beat this car in my 02 before,id hold him off till top of second then get WALKED due to the shitty shiftpoints the 02 has.....Well,i got my revenge tonight with a few witnesses on hand.60mph roll ons i went 3 for 3 on him.Id get the jump and PULL to 4th gear with him a full car behind(before by then i woulda been done)Did a first gear roll and he was at my rear bumper at 90 mph.He was NOT going anywhere on me now.For the record,im STOCK except suspension/wheels and the Hondata flash.I expected to be KILLED by the B16 on the highway(dont start telling me you stock /near stock guys pull modded B16s on the highway,because with that 82mph 3-4 shift youll get KILLED)but i held my own and didnt let him by.Sorry,but going 5 for 5 against a car i could NEVER run close to after second gear makes me REALLY happy.Were going to try like hell to get incar footage of us racing one of these days for your viewing pleasures.

Sounds like you're having a nice time with the Hondata tune. The car just feels so much better now. :D

Az02Si
01-19-2003, 01:25 AM
Seriously,i NEVER had an idea how good it was going to be......Let the people who dont believe the results drive a car with the flash and i bet the mouths shut REALLY fast.It is a DIFFERENT CAR,with TOPEND that the stock K20a3 REALLY lacks.At the track i could care LESS how much low end my car has,since im only below 5k for the damn launch.Its just great to not have that weak ass stock lack of top end pull that this motor had...I CANNOT WAIT to mod the car now.......i/h/e should make a flashed car a force to be reckoned with.

Glix2
01-19-2003, 01:32 AM
AZ where did you get your flash done?
Here in phoenix?

Az02Si
01-19-2003, 01:52 AM
NOPE i dealt with hondata directly.

Glix2
01-19-2003, 01:53 AM
Guess I'm going to have to rent a car for a few days then.

Az02Si
01-19-2003, 01:56 AM
Do it,its worth it man....I got mine in the car yesterday and am having a blast.More than welcome to check mine out if youd like.The offers on the table...

JEDI-SI
01-19-2003, 09:50 AM
WILL A NITROUS KIT BE CAPABEL TO RUN WITH THE HONDATA, I HEARD IT'S NOT GOOD?

CleanBlackSi02
01-19-2003, 10:37 AM
Where are you shifting?

IceD out N CALI
01-19-2003, 10:59 AM
impressive, cant wait to see what kind of times u pull at the track

CleanBlackSi02
01-19-2003, 11:03 AM
Me too...I'm not buying Hondata until I find out whether or not we can finish the 1/4 mile in third gear.

SiRman
01-19-2003, 11:26 AM
WILL A NITROUS KIT BE CAPABEL TO RUN WITH THE HONDATA, I HEARD IT'S NOT GOOD?

From Hondata site: (http://www.hondata.com/k20a3civicsirelease.html)

If you have nitrous this program will probably not be suitable due to the aggressive ignition advance used.

Az02Si
01-19-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by CleanBlackSi02
Where are you shifting? Tach was indicating 8K,but in reality its more like 7700ish.

ep3guy
01-19-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by CleanBlackSi02
Where are you shifting?

It goes past 8k for me. About 8.2k :D

CleanBlackSi02
01-19-2003, 02:14 PM
Any plans to go to the track? I'm dying to know whether we'll finish in 3rd gear....

02SilverSiHB
01-19-2003, 04:27 PM
I like the sound of this thread :D now go to the track and hit a 14.8 for me! :)

IceD out N CALI
01-19-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

I like the sound of this thread :D now go to the track and hit a 14.8 for me! :)

if he pulls high 14's i'll have no choice but to get this hondadata;)

Glix2
01-19-2003, 10:33 PM
Do it,its worth it man....I got mine in the car yesterday and am having a blast.More than welcome to check mine out if youd like.The offers on the table...

I sent you an e-mail (used the one in your profile)

simann
01-19-2003, 11:28 PM
How does the car sound at 7500+ rpm?
And how does hondata go about shipping , from ,say Me shipping it to them/ and then back again? I've heard it is three days....and also, is it Cash on Delivery shipping?

02SilverSiHB
01-19-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by simann
How does the car sound at 7500+ rpm?
And how does hondata go about shipping , from ,say Me shipping it to them/ and then back again? I've heard it is three days....and also, is it Cash on Delivery shipping?
here ya go
http://www.hondata.com/k20upgradeprocedure.html
2) Have your dealer give you a prepaid FEDEX (or similar) box.

The dealer will provide two shipping labels: One to Hondata and the other the customer's return address.
In that box place your ECU, ignition key and immobilizer (see removal instructions)
Place your upgrade information form in the box.
Put the Hondata shipping label on the box and ship to Hondata.
On receipt Hondata will:

Reprogram your ECU
Place your return shipping label on the box
Charge the dealer
Ship the box and email you the tracking number
If all these steps are not complete the ECU will be returned unprogrammed, or in the case of missing information may not be able to be returned. If questions arise, contact your dealer first.

http://www.hondata.com/kseriesecuinfoform.html

Az02Si
01-19-2003, 11:48 PM
Best way to describe it is a "frantic" sound past 7500.It starts to sound kinda like a stock b series spinning to 8.Sounds good to me :) As far as plans to go to the track,well,i should be there within a week at the longest.Ive got a leaky rear tire right now,and need to get it replaced before i do anything.

simann
01-19-2003, 11:56 PM
Thanks Guys!!!

I love high revving motors( Formula One)

Now all i gotta do is find a Hondata dealer!

02SilverSiHB
01-19-2003, 11:56 PM
Best way to describe it is a "frantic" sound past 7500.It starts to sound kinda like a stock b series spinning to 8.Sounds good to me :) As far as plans to go to the track,well,i should be there within a week at the longest.Ive got a leaky rear tire right now,and need to get it replaced before i do anything.
awsome! Can't wait to hear how it goes. :)

66elwood99
01-20-2003, 08:36 AM
Seriously,i NEVER had an idea how good it was going to be......Let the people who dont believe the results drive a car with the flash and i bet the mouths shut REALLY fast.It is a DIFFERENT CAR,with TOPEND that the stock K20a3 REALLY lacks.At the track i could care LESS how much low end my car has,since im only below 5k for the damn launch.Its just great to not have that weak ass stock lack of top end pull that this motor had...I CANNOT WAIT to mod the car now.......i/h/e should make a flashed car a force to be reckoned with.

Looking at Hondata's number, will the mods i/h/e not be as beneficial as on a stock ECU? The flash did not seem to give the desired increase with the mods. If we have i/h/e should we wait and see if Hondata comes out with a different map for these mods? :o

http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7412&perpage=15&pagenumber=5

The EP with the mods did not show significant gains as the stock one, Hondata is going to look oto this.

Just wondering ;)

silver ep
01-20-2003, 09:00 AM
if he pulls high 14's i'll have no choice but to get this hondadata
I agree! :D

gpt
01-20-2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by 66elwood99

The EP with the mods did not show significant gains as the stock one, Hondata is going to look oto this.

I think anyone with any mods should wait to see what the outcome of their testing is. If they have to make changes to the program then you will have to get your ECU reflashed.

I know I will wait for more conclusive proof as to the benefits of this flash with I/H/E

HondaCivicSi
01-20-2003, 09:09 AM
I would like to think they could get better gains from I/H/E. That's what I think, but what do i know?

simann
01-20-2003, 11:29 AM
Losing torque through back pressure loss is AKWAYS gonna happen, When I did my custom exhaust I did notice SOME torque loss from my butt dyno, but I made up in high rpm power,I definently feel it pull at 4000+. I probably will get my ECU reflashed in the next month or so because there is NO Hondata dealer here in Tennessee!All hot rod places.

Though Some of my buddies help create a Import only shop called TOP END MOTORSPORTs.I see if they could get a hook up with Hondata or something!?

mods:
Super Black Limo Tint all around
HKS (universal) HiperCustom Cat back
HKS Short ram intak ...Hella Loud due to the venturi effect!
JDM honda emblems
JDM black leather/red stich shift boot
Motegi MR8 17" with 215/40 zr 17 Dunlop SP sport W10 rubber
Mugen oil cap
PIAA Super white xtreme bulbs
....Future plans...
Cams, Valve cover, TeinSprings,Header,Hondata ECU, etc...

JEDI-SI
01-20-2003, 11:39 AM
Yea, thats the only thing that get's me worried. I have i/h/e and i want what iv'e already gaind plus what hondata has to offer! ....that sucks