PDA

View Full Version : New to this.

LarryT
07-20-2014, 05:09 PM
Hey guys, Im very new to this forum and i just have a few questions. Ill be getting a 03 ep3 and I just want to know what to look for. My very first question is, are all the ep3's parts transferable form year to year? Because I know that after 03's they changed it to a 5 lug, that's the only difference i know of, also are the taillights and the changeable? Because im not rreally a big fan of the 03 styles, unless the guy im buying it from has don the alzeta chrome lights lol. What are the projectors called that are the oem look but have the projectors in them? And lastly are tien or h&r springs better for the ep3, ill be rockin on those used springs for a bit. Thank you in advance guys, and sorry if i sound stupid in a way.

Larry T

mussh
07-20-2014, 05:41 PM
welcome,

yes most parts are transferable. not to mention your cousin the rsx.

how many miles are on that bad boy?
is it in stock form now or has it been modified?
what are your goals with this car? dd? autox? smash up derby?
there is a lot of good information on these boards.

LarryT
07-20-2014, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the reply! And I also forgot about that to, my buddy is using a rsx sway bar on his em2, but anyways, it has about 126k on the clock and all i see from the pictures is an exhaust, im nit sure if it has a cai or not, its not on lowering springs but its is on steelies lol. And its gonna be my daily, work, college, other crap. So the first thing, i wanna get wheels and springs so i can get rid of the gap and then get projectors and tails, but eventually, somewhere down the road I plan on making pshhh sounds

riceislame
07-21-2014, 09:13 AM
you should look to make sure she's not burning oil, leaking, etc etc, drive the thing before you buy it. or you'll never know what your getting your self into. cause you really don't know where that ep3 has been or what has been done to it

mussh
07-21-2014, 01:37 PM
buy this guys car and call it a day.....

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?74904-K24-Powered-EP3-for-sale-MINT-CONDITION

LarryT
07-21-2014, 04:40 PM
you should look to make sure she's not burning oil, leaking, etc etc, drive the thing before you buy it. or you'll never know what your getting your self into. cause you really don't know where that ep3 has been or what has been done to it

Thanks, ill deff do al those and i also have a buddy coming with me to check it out aswell because he knows his ways around hondas and such

LarryT
07-21-2014, 04:41 PM
buy this guys car and call it a day.....

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?74904-K24-Powered-EP3-for-sale-MINT-CONDITION

I wish haha, thats a damn good price but its quite far from where i am, would there be any for sale around the dmv area? Like under 140k?

Her-Name's-Ally
07-22-2014, 06:26 PM
check the car fax. Most parts are interchangeable. The lights you have to mod a little. Depo projectors are an easy fix for the head lights. The side skirts should fit fine as well.

04sidriver
07-23-2014, 05:44 AM
I wish haha, thats a damn good price but its quite far from where i am, would there be any for sale around the dmv area? Like under 140k?

mine has 131k on it

LarryT
07-24-2014, 08:00 AM
mine has 131k on it

Thats not too bad, do you have any picture of it?

LarryT
07-24-2014, 08:02 AM
check the car fax. Most parts are interchangeable. The lights you have to mod a little. Depo projectors are an easy fix for the head lights. The side skirts should fit fine as well.

Wait so the side skirts are interchangeable from the dc5 to the ep3? And I looked up projectors and they are up there price wise, like $200 and up. Is that right or am I looking at something else?