PDA

View Full Version : For those with Falken Azenis

fASTBACK
01-19-2003, 01:37 AM
I want to purchase some Falken Azenis tires for my new rims that I am getting but I do not really know much about them. I know that they have bad ass grip and is perferred by auto crossers. I do some auto crossing some times but not that often.
Here are my questions:

1. How many miles will they last me with daily driving with out racing?

2. What is the wet traction on them like?

3. Is there alot of road noise?

4. Would these make good daily driving tires.

I'm getting some 15' rota c8's and I am planning on running 205/50/15's. These are going to be daily driven. Some imput would greatly help me and appriciated.

Cone Killer
01-19-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by fASTBACK
[B]
1. How many miles will they last me with daily driving with out racing?
depends on your camber, but probably like 20K

2. What is the wet traction on them like?

better than most think. As long as you have a good tread depth you will do fine if you drive normal. If you don't drive normal in the rain, it might not matter what tire you have.

3. Is there alot of road noise?

yes

4. Would these make good daily driving tires.

Not in my opinion. They pick up rocks, they are loud, your spedo will be off by a few mph, and they track with the road making the car hard to controll on bad roads.

SilverEP
01-21-2003, 03:41 PM
Wet traction is horrible on them... the car kicks out in the rain and also I would only expect about 12,000 miles out them. dry traction is hella sticky!!!!!!!!!

Cone Killer
01-21-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by SilverEP
Wet traction is horrible on them... the car kicks out in the rain

How much wet driving have you done with Azenis?

ArcticBlueRsx
01-24-2003, 12:40 AM
the tread rating actually is very bad on the Azenis...I say they'd last you less than 20k miles..more like 15k, anyways the noise is alright...the music from your speakers and wind noise will usually drown it out....the grip however..oh my...i have a friend with a rsx-s w/ a K20a engine swap...reved it to 9k(as far as the stock rsx-s tach would go)....then slowly let out the clutch..and bam...a lil chirp and we were off(lsd couldve played a major factor in it too, but anyways)...in the rain however, I'd leave the car w/ the Azenis at home...wet traction is slim to none on those types of tires..(can you say hydroplane?)
So....in my opinion because my rsx-s isnt my daily driver, I'd get a set of Azenis, they have crazy grip, and the price is just right, compared to Yokohama Advans and all other types of street drag tires, theyre a steal.

Cone Killer
01-24-2003, 06:20 AM
I think you guys who say the Azeni is bad in the rain are a little missinformed. I've "autocrossed" in the rain, not a little drive to teh store, but racing, and they did way better than I expected. As long as you have tread groves you will do fine. On a side note, there are other reasons why I would not run them all the time, but that's another matter.

ArcticBlueRsx
01-24-2003, 10:13 AM
I've "autocrossed" in the rain, not a little drive to teh store, but racing, and they did way better than I expected

I dunno...our michellin MXM4's as crappy as they are, they have a better wet traction rating than the Azenis and boy is it scary when i drive in the rain..i've attempted to "race" people in the rain and every time my car would hit vtec the front tires would break lose....

Cone Killer
01-24-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by ArcticBlueRsx

I dunno...our michellin MXM4's as crappy as they are, they have a better wet traction rating than the Azenis and boy is it scary when i drive in the rain..i've attempted to "race" people in the rain and every time my car would hit vtec the front tires would break lose....

And the Azenis has like 1-1.5 more inches of tread too. I'm not saying they are better than all season tires, I'm just saying I did very well in standing water and rain.

JEDI-SI
01-24-2003, 02:46 PM
So these tires are not that great in the rain...? that sucks