PDA

View Full Version : JRSC - looking for new kit

OZZYG_EP3
08-20-2014, 10:07 AM
Is there anywhere that still sells the JRSC kit for the EP? I dont care whether its the street kit or race kit, but I'm interested in pricing it out. From what i have seen they produce a good bump in power and still allow for a solid DD. I just rolled over 100k on the car and i have an OBX race header, Skunk2 megapower R exhaust, and an AEM V2 intake. I noticed a slight difference in top end power with the addition of the i/rh/e but as always i still want more.

If anyone has any information on where a kit could be found please let me know. I'd like to get this done before the winter hits...

ALSO... I am from new jersey. does anyone know if i will pass inspection with the RH? how about with the addtion of a SC? can i go to a state inspection facility or should i be looking for a private place that will bemore likely to pass me for a few extra $$$

usedep3
08-20-2014, 04:10 PM
You wont be able to get the kit new. Its very unlikely bc the roots style blowers were discontinued by JR.

As far as inspection, NJ has become more lax. You can roll into a NJMVC inspection facility and they'll let you slide on things they previously wouldn't have. As long as you don't have any CEL's or any obvious reasons to fail, you should pass. If you have tints, roll the windows down. The only bad thing is that you'll have to let the inspector drive your car within the facility (from station to station and to test brakes). Don't be surprised if he/she doesnt know how to drive manual well. I've seen them peel out, stall, grind gears, etc. It's pretty funny to see.

superstocksi
08-21-2014, 12:55 AM
I honestly had no idea that they discontinued the JRSC. I actually have a brand new one sitting in my closet, still all wrapped in plastic. It is a race kit. If you're interested enough to pay what it cost me, we should be able to make a deal.

USAF EP3
08-21-2014, 07:40 AM
Comptech still makes a roots blower type kit new, check out kseriesparts.com as they have them listed for sale.

tlikethedrink
08-21-2014, 10:03 AM
I honestly had no idea that they discontinued the JRSC. I actually have a brand new one sitting in my closet, still all wrapped in plastic. It is a race kit. If you're interested enough to pay what it cost me, we should be able to make a deal.

thats pretty cool. mine is not new... it took a good amount of looking and waiting for a deal to find it. your sitting on a GEM of a deal... for someone that is looking for exactly a BNIB JRSC kit.

OZZYG_EP3
08-26-2014, 09:25 AM

i pm'd you about this