PDA

View Full Version : Need some suspension guru advice!

Bryan144
08-24-2014, 07:34 PM
Hey everyone so to make a long story short... I love my car. It's worn out from my driveway (dirt road) and is on racelands (Strike me down for putting these things on in the first place.)
Ultimately I'd like to have a fresh start - Buy another car that hasn't been driven for 4 years on a dirt road and worn out. Every suspension component is probably worn out on my EP. Unfortunately I cannot afford a car and still love my EP it just doesn't live up to my standards of a daily driver. I do want to fix it but I am overwhelmed by the thought of replacing every suspension component which would cost a ton of money.

Problems: Steering response is awful, numbness in steering from 11 to 1 o'clock. Creaks and squeaks and pops (binding I assume). Doesn't handle good at all.

I bought the car when I was 16 and went cheap (regretting that now) but now I want to revamp the car and my love for it by fixing it back up. I'm at a standstill on what to do though, I am overwhelmed and intimidated by the thought of replacing every part and I feel like it will never be as good as it was the day I bought it bone stock.

I do plan on replacing the awful raceland coilovers with some Progress or Megan Racing straight arm coils or A-spec suspension (Haven't decided which one yet)

What's my first move? Which parts should I start with? Should I save up and replace the coilovers first or bushings etc first? Just need some advice on some parts to replace ASAP. I fear my steering rack is going to need to be rebuilt or replaced due to being low and on a dirt road.. I am only lowered 1" now but was probably 2.5 to 3" lowered for at least 6 months.

Input appreciated and thanks in advance!

Just need to know my first move, should I take it to the honda place and get their advice though it'll probably be bullshit.

tlikethedrink
08-25-2014, 07:27 AM
Will you still be driving the same dirt road?

I would.... Replace everything at the same time. Buy the bushings, go for rubber. Urethane are gonna require regressing periodically and may wear faster with dust in them. But they may also be cheaper and will be tighter! As far as coil overs or Aspec, it depends what ride height your looking for. Personally I went with Aspec to set it and forget it with OEM quality. Try to replace everything you possibly can while your in there (ball joints tie rods). It will make the biggest difference overall and if you have it all should be a good long weekend project.

tlikethedrink
08-25-2014, 07:28 AM
&'start with suspension before steering components.

Also im no guru... But .02

Bryan144
08-25-2014, 08:43 AM
Well I think I'm going to do the Aspec with buddy club extended ball joints and go ahead and do rsx s sways bushings and end links. I think it should help a lot. Any suggestions other than my plan?