PDA

View Full Version : Are they selling?/How Much?

SpacemanSpiff
06-16-2002, 04:57 PM
How are SI's selling in your neck of the woods? At the two dealerships I visited in the Raleigh-Durham NC area, there were probably a grand total of 10 sitting on the lot. The five at the dealer I bought from had been there for several weeks. So they don't seem to be moving very quickly. I havent seen any others on the road either.
But at least the dealer was willing to negotiate. I got mine for $300 over invoice + destination and was pretty happy with myself.
Do you think that demand will pick up as more of them get on the road? The latest Road and Track had nice things to say. The Civic Si came in 2nd to the Focus SVT, and ahead of the Hyundai and the Sentra SE-R Spec V.

CleanBlackSi02
06-16-2002, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by SpacemanSpiff
How are SI's selling in your neck of the woods? At the two dealerships I visited in the Raleigh-Durham NC area, there were probably a grand total of 10 sitting on the lot. The five at the dealer I bought from had been there for several weeks. So they don't seem to be moving very quickly. I havent seen any others on the road either.
But at least the dealer was willing to negotiate. I got mine for $300 over invoice + destination and was pretty happy with myself.
Do you think that demand will pick up as more of them get on the road? The latest Road and Track had nice things to say. The Civic Si came in 2nd to the Focus SVT, and ahead of the Hyundai and the Sentra SE-R Spec V.

I've seen a few on the road, but they're not selling like hotcakes. Dealers need to take off their additional costs and then they'll sell. You should always pay less than sticker....much less. To pay more is insane.

archer2332
06-16-2002, 06:16 PM
Selling has just kind of picked up on them recently. I went down to my local dealer and they had sold 3 in the past week their rep told me. One thing that has surprised me is that the ones that I have seen driving around my area have been the Euro Yellow and I thought that wasnt supposed to be a very popular color.

CleanBlackSi02
06-16-2002, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by archer2332
Selling has just kind of picked up on them recently. I went down to my local dealer and they had sold 3 in the past week their rep told me. One thing that has surprised me is that the ones that I have seen driving around my area have been the Euro Yellow and I thought that wasnt supposed to be a very popular color.

I'm sure they gave a killer deal to the buyers. ...Not to bash Euro Yellow....

02TafWhtSi
06-16-2002, 06:28 PM
I live in a densley populated area of New Jersey which I commute to work/school on a daily basis and have yet to see ONE new Si yet. When I bought mine there was a 3 wk wait for black, a 2 wk for silver and they had two yellows coming in two days later. Luckily though I got mine for sticker plus tax/title/license for a taffeta white they had sitting in the showroom;) . Can't wait til' one pulls up at a light though - then I can have some real fun:D

CleanBlackSi02
06-16-2002, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by 02TafWhtSi
I live in a densley populated area of New Jersey which I commute to work/school on a daily basis and have yet to see ONE new Si yet. When I bought mine there was a 3 wk wait for black, a 2 wk for silver and they had two yellows coming in two days later. Luckily though I got mine for sticker plus tax/title/license for a taffeta white they had sitting in the showroom;) . Can't wait til' one pulls up at a light though - then I can have some real fun:D

Yeah, I want to race a new Si as well....our time will come...