PDA

View Full Version : Hi hi new to forums SSM EP3 - SOCAL

LadyEP3
08-29-2014, 04:40 PM
Hello everyone, I just picked up a ssm ep3 here in o.c. needs some TLC here and there but thankfully nothing major :) for now different wheels and coilovers first then planning to pay her off completely before doing any major mods ^_^ if you guys in the socal area do cruises or meet ups would be nice to join maybe we can do a ep3 malibu cruise :)?

Prior to the ep3 I had a crz, I am really enjoying the ep3 driving wise so far I look forward to joining this community :)

My ep3 (came with these wheels I rly dislike them [emoji43] )
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/29/3cea17f0fd68295f3de51d973e764cb1.jpg

My crz (which has been parted out)
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/29/51e9395b888371d5bf2b86f71bca45b6.jpg
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/29/28e75a87ed6b5ed0337b281fefa24fa6.jpg

Tnhatch03
08-29-2014, 04:51 PM
Welcome! That Crz looked great! Looking forward to seein how you progress with your EP!

LadyEP3
08-29-2014, 05:08 PM
Thanks ! Yea I have alot of ideas for her build. For now paying off and fixing the weird little things that need to be fixed up are being taken care of now such as getting the windshield resealed (leaked a couple drips when I washed her :( ) redoing the headliner (prev. Owner had a wink mirror and screwed it into the headliner not into the correct holes so hoping no serious dmg there) new bumper someday (prev. Owner cut off the "teeth" in the lower grill but left two of the center upper ones, kind of strange lol) and needing to redo interior pillars and center console (bad paint job) I'm thinking of wrapping headliner, pillars and center console all with a deep purple suede or black haven't decided yet seats have ciggy burns :( so new seats eventually or re upholster someday (ep3 seats are very comfy) :) and the sunroof doesn't open all the way so have to check that out :( and replacing the ac compresser this weekend and recharge ac :) but yea tlc and she will be awesome I'm super amped for this build ^_^

Her-Name's-Ally
08-29-2014, 08:33 PM
Im in the O.C never really do meets but I do go driving time to time. Theres quite a few meets around however. There is a monthly ep meet in Riverside. HMU #SSMcrew

LadyEP3
08-30-2014, 01:14 PM
Oh nice !! Well I'm down to cruise with ya if u like of course need to get suspension done before I do any spirited driving but I am definently down for the Riverside ep meet #ssmcrewftw! ^_^ I see a couple ssm near my place in Anaheim and they seem nice so far ep3 ppl seem chill also... needs coilovers but wheels look good ^_^ that double fist wheel gap is terrible tho

The driver side actuator went out last night got it fixed up today happy honda had it In stock here

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/30/ef2e91db4d84b45db6e137d30ca6a47f.jpg

geesEP3
08-30-2014, 10:17 PM
Welcome homie! There's a meet tomorrow in riverside. Come down and meet the family!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LadyEP3
08-30-2014, 11:14 PM
Heya :) what's the location/time for the Riverside meet? I looked in the regional and also meet forum but didn't see any I'll for riverside I am also blind ... :( I did notice Ontario Krispy Kreme meet on the 7th :) which I could make it out to that one as well I'll bring the ep3 my ride height will surely give u all some entertainment ;)

Her-Name's-Ally
09-02-2014, 01:21 PM
To be completely honest I didnt really mind the stock suspension. Aside from the brake dip and the mileage I had on it, it wasn't all that bad. Did you make it out on Sunday? Some really cool guys out there.

LadyEP3
09-03-2014, 11:42 AM
Sunday meet was awesome fun ^_^ rly great group of people was rly nice meeting everyone. It was nice seeing a range of different looks going on with everyone's ep3 I look forward to next month's meet ^_^ the stock suspension isn't terrible but this one squeeks rly bad plus I'm spoiled by having a nice set up on the crz but I am rly enjoying the ep3 which is stock I love how she feels so I'm excited to feel her modified :)

cow
09-03-2014, 01:22 PM
Welcome to the site. Why the change from the CRZ?

LadyEP3
09-03-2014, 03:23 PM
Had to part her out and get rid of her due to some "life hardships" to put it simply basicly get away from an abusive ex :( things are getting better and become more stable so here I am with an ep3 :)

mussh
09-04-2014, 07:05 AM
welcome.

EP3 > CRZ.
silly cow.

LadyEP3
09-04-2014, 07:15 AM
Tyty mussh ! I would have to agree overall I actually enjoy the ep3 over the crz ESPECIALLY "straight out the box" the crz needs sooooo many mods for it to even come on the level of a stock ep3 which is why I'm so excited for this build :) and platform <3

cow
09-04-2014, 07:44 AM
I've never been in a CRZ to have an opinion. They're not bad looking, though.

I'm glad you're away from shitty ex. Life's too short for all that noise.

mussh
09-04-2014, 08:29 AM
I agree, the crz has the "look" that modern Honda hatchs have been lacking.
speaking of lacking, they make a mind boggling 112 hp to the crank.

drop a k20a in a crz, now we are cooking with gas, literally.

LadyEP3
09-04-2014, 04:32 PM
Agreed cow life's to short to be surrounded by negativity. You should test drive one also sport mode if u do lol

The crz does have a great modern look although I'm not a fan of the 2013 facelift the car looks sleek and has great body lines imo and sits nice I love how low it sits I feel in the ep3 I sit kinda high. My friend Daniel has a k in his :) and it's monstrously sexy ^_^ although a VERY pricey swap to do ur better off super charging it with either jrsc or hks or even the hpd supercharger imo :x

But overall stock ep3> stock crz most definently. I would say my modded crz was about as fun as stock ep3 ... was a Lil more fun handling wise but the ep3 of course has more "pep" they have similarities tho feeling similar in a way (although I'm convinced all Hondas have a similar feel to them which I enjoy, but mebbe I'm crazy) also feel similar in a sense of not being fast yet being quick ^_^ if u get what I'm saying both are very very very fun to drive which to me is what I like my cars for ... driving enjoyment :) looking nice is great but fun is top priority <3

Sorry for wall of text ^_^;;

mussh
09-04-2014, 07:39 PM
what suspension you plan on putting on your 4X4?

LadyEP3
09-04-2014, 08:14 PM
right now I can get a good deal on either megans the track for rsx or the god speeds the price difference is about $140 so leaning towards megans. I had megans on the crz and enjoyed them (had t1r first they were horrible) and I don't have experience with godspeeds plus megans track offer MUCH higher spring rate so seems to be the better route to go for me any input is welcome :) and appreciated although

mussh
09-05-2014, 08:48 AM
lowering an ep3 becomes a tricky thing after about 2 inches.

I am currently using the megan coilover for the ep3.
I dropped my front two and a half inches. I started getting all kinds of alignment issues. could not get a zero toe.
I had to buy the megan roll center adjusters, upgraded all my lower and upper bushings and got moog tie rod ends.
not all at once mind you. I bought these after months of searching for a cure. those three together got me to zero toe up front.
I also would recommend hotchkis sway bar end links, since you will have all that exposed.

my car handles like a go cart.
I have about a 3 inch drop in back and about 2 and a half up front.

LadyEP3
09-05-2014, 09:08 AM
Oh thanks for the info n input mussh I have been reading a lot about the suspension of the ep3 it can be frustrating and contradicting sometimes things people say but that makes sense :) do u run ep3 or rsx megans ?

mussh
09-05-2014, 09:12 AM
I use the ep3 megans. the spring rate is fine. i have it on the firmest setting. i daily it and it is still comfortable to me.

im not positive, but i think you may have to slightly mod the rsx megans to get them to work.
i think shave a bit of the rear bushings...... i may be wrong......

LadyEP3
09-05-2014, 09:44 AM
Yes I would have to shave them and also order the straight arms because rsx are angled do you do anything aside from daily for ur ep3 :)?

LadyEP3
09-05-2014, 09:48 AM
Yea I was thinking I would possibly be happy with the spring rate the spring rate on crz wasn't crazy high and I was satisfied with it :)

mussh
09-05-2014, 11:10 AM
Yes I would have to shave them and also order the straight arms because rsx are angled do you do anything aside from daily for ur ep3 :)?

I would love to track my car. it is set up for it. im just to lazy to join a club etc...etc...etc.
two years ago I swapped in a jdm k20a type r.
last month I bought a Synchrotech tranny with lsd.
here is a vid of me driving home. turn up the volume! at the 24 second area I double clutch to third and get a nice rev burp. at the 6:00 point I am given a little open road and rev 1st and second pretty good. at about the 9:50 point I hang a left at the boat and open up second and goose third, this is a cool road but I get slowed up by a Honda pilot I think..... so I slow way down and let him get up the road and I am able to get on her a bit. the downshift from third to second was at about 55 mph and was smooth as butter. love the vtec. I never take it past 8k rpm. my redline is 8.6.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6YQjLEn7CU

p.s. im not a very good director or producer.

Her-Name's-Ally
09-05-2014, 01:23 PM
Check into the Aspec suspension as well. Its about $700. Megan strait arms are nice. Tony K on the Facebook group might be able to get you a deal on those if I remember correctly.

I have buddy club rsds and they are stupid stiff, almost annoying for daily.

Her-Name's-Ally
09-05-2014, 08:13 PM
there is a bbq Sunday. Hit up Gabe or message me.

LadyEP3
09-05-2014, 08:17 PM
This one :) https://www.facebook.com/events/1557239991162365/ ^_^ I will check out ur video once my phone charges more mussh ^_^ but it sounds awesome :) ty for the info ally :) so far I'm leaning towards megans but haven't looked into a spec so I'll look into that before final decision :)