PDA

View Full Version : De Rigueur Introduction

David Smith
09-01-2014, 01:32 PM
Hello to all,

I'm new to the forum. I've been searching around for resources and thankfully the community has delivered.

I have a '03 Taffeta hatch. I purchased it about 4 years ago with 54K on it. It's now got about 87500 now. The guy I bought it from left it pretty much stock. He lowered it with skunk2's, added 17s, and it has some after market sideskirts and such. I don't think they were a quality brand. The parts are cracking and don't hold their shape so much. It's kind of got a rat rod feel to it right now.

My ideas for the car:

I want to add some hp.
I want to put it on a diet.
I want a cleaner look.

My ability:

Super novice.

What is some basic vernacular that I should have down?

So if any of you have suggestions, I would greatly appreciate them.

Thanks in advance.

D

Will add pics asap.

1st
09-01-2014, 09:53 PM
The skirts are probably fiberglass and why they are cracking. Take out the rear seats to put it on a diet. Intake cbe with a tune and call it a day. Keep it simple and don't get rice. Fyi thats low mileage.

soquel1
09-02-2014, 06:40 PM
Welcome,

I suggest going through the build/showoff threads and start seeing what paths others have taken. Then research the other areas of the site. In doing so, you will soak up the terminology real fast ; )

I personally did one thing at a time. First I worked on the aesthetics of the car, then power. Good luck to you.

David Smith
09-08-2014, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I will do some more searching under the build/showoff threads. And I am definitely keeping it simple.