PDA

View Full Version : Death to Indiglo

kvnkiley
09-21-2014, 09:11 PM
Finally got around to taking off the silly indiglo gauge overlays installed by the previous owner of my hatch. It went smoothly enough the only problem being I was not able to disconnect the wires that plugged into the gauges and went down into the dash. I ran out of daylight and honestly I'm not sure where they were connected to down the line anyway. Now my gauges look all sorts of funky. I'll try to post a picture of them but this forum seems to be less than friendly on my iPhone. I don't know what the problem is it may be that the previous owner installed different colored LED lights. Or the problem might have something to do with the wires that connected to the reverse glow gauges still being connected within the car. Any ideas anyone? Thanks!!

kvnkiley
09-21-2014, 09:14 PM
Here's another picture. That one doesn't look too bad but in reality I can't see any Rpms from 0-3000. look6856 this picture shows the strange coloring. It's like a sky almost. Done blue interspersed with some white.

tlikethedrink
09-21-2014, 09:22 PM
Because the light isn't even... I would be the put LEDs in .

kvnkiley
09-21-2014, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the reply. So he put some LEDs in the dash (doesn't surprise me. He put LEDs on all interior lights, climate control lights, license plate light, and a couple in the headlights that come on as parking lights). So now I just gotta find out which lights to buy and swap some stock bulbs in. I still don't get why it's like a half blue/ half white deal.