PDA

View Full Version : Popping/Clunking noise

k20_dip
10-10-2014, 06:18 AM
Hey guys, I'm in the process of trying to find a popping/clunking noise coming from every corner of my ep. I've replaced sway bar links, strut mounts, front and rear subframe bolts, tie rods, and my coilovers, and I'm still getting what sounds like to me the front and rear subframes shifting and making popping sounds. Thanks for any help and/or suggestions you guys throw at me.

***The vehicle has been in a front end collision under 20 mph, just thought I should mention that.***

k20_dip
10-24-2014, 08:02 AM
So after figuring out the clunking noise, after about 1k miles on the car, its developed a vibration from the front passenger. I did a forum search that was somewhat resourceful pointing me in the direction of a possible bad axle, bearing, or ball joint. I was wondering if I could get some more opinions from you guys.

civicsmoke420
11-11-2014, 07:13 PM
What caused the clunking noise?

k20_dip
11-12-2014, 06:22 AM
It turned out to be the preload setting on the coils. Just a heads up to anyone with Function/Form coilovers, if one corner is a bit tighter than the others it'll cause a vibration and a lot of popping/clunking. After messing with them over the last month or so the only thing that needs to be done is some caster and camber adjustments but other than that the type 1's are great as a strictly daily option.

Her-Name's-Ally
11-12-2014, 11:33 AM
have you checked tires. Mount and balance is important.

k20_dip
11-14-2014, 03:08 PM
You're absolutely right, almost all of the vibration is gone after putting some fresh(er) tire on her. I need an alignment now though, and unfortunately where I live, nobody wants to touch a lowered car. I'm familiar with Hunter alignment racks if anyone has a good DD suspension spec to recommend. I'm running 15x8 +25 offset wheels and a 205/55R15 tire. I realize it's a size under what I need but I got a decent deal on the entire set of wheels/tires and I couldn't pass it up. Thanks for input guys.