PDA

View Full Version : '02 Repalcement Door Cost

EricSol
01-19-2003, 07:35 PM
Anybody have a idea how much it is to re-skin or replace a passanger side door, I had a 18yo girl in a van who couldn't park that big pig and took out my door.

Eric

atl-si
01-20-2003, 09:41 AM
I don't know the answer to your question but that sucks! Hope all will work out for ya.

JLannoo
01-20-2003, 05:05 PM
insurance?

EricSol
01-26-2003, 12:49 PM
Her mom was cool about it and made financial arrangements with the bodyshop of my choice. To have a door reskinned, done right is $1000.

Eric

JSIR
01-26-2003, 05:38 PM
I had a drivers side door replaced on my car already due to some damage, it was over $2,200 Canadian which included a new door from Honda, they re-used the interior parts, but had to paint the new door and required new vtec decals as they need to blend the colour into both sides of the door. In US dollars that would be about $1,500 US.

I don't know how you re-skin a door other than pull out the dents and use filler and paint. But I would push for a new door myself.

good luck.

EricSol
01-26-2003, 05:47 PM
When you reskin a door its exactly what it says, the old sheet metal is removed from the frame and new sheet metal is installed. Its exactly how the door is built in the first place.

JSIR
01-26-2003, 05:53 PM
are the new skins made up custom by a body shop, cause I had a hard enough time getting an entire new door out of Honda , I doubt they would supply just a skin. If someone caused your damage I would push to get a new original part

EricSol
01-26-2003, 06:13 PM
The skins come from Honda or a Oem supplier. The car is so new I would bet Honda, I doubt the Oem has them yet.

JSIR
01-26-2003, 06:31 PM
then we must be talking about the same part - I just call it a door rather than a skin, I am sure that is what I received then. Mine came from Honda, took a few weeks to get but it was an original part.

I took it to a shop that specialized in Honda paint/body work who was recommended from my Honda dealer. they had to blend it to the original paint work, they did a great job as it isn't noticeable at all and the silver colour (mine) is tricky to match.

good luck with the repair.

EricSol
01-26-2003, 06:37 PM
Mines Silver also, and your right its hard to blend.....you can't just paint the door. I've used this local bodyshop before and they also do the local dealers cars so I should be fine, Thanks.