PDA

View Full Version : just bought an ep3

Be EP3sy
11-27-2014, 11:36 AM
Hey guys! Just bought an 04 civic si with 130K, came with an AEM V2 intake, Sony touch screen in dash DVD player and tints all around. not a bad little car. certainly higher quality than I ever expected from a civic, and fun to drive.

I'm coming from a moderately built, fully bolted and custom tuned 2.3L so the decrease in power is clearly notable and will soon be addressed. but first I will work on suspension, going for a nice set of coilovers, then, against everything I originally stood for, I will work on appearance before performance.

This is because I plan to have this car for a long time (6 years I'm shooting for) and I want to get it just right for my taste before I go to far. thankfully coilovers fit right between performance and appearance so my first goal is clear. after that, a nice set of 17"x7" wheels. (really like the advan racing RCIII golds) A new spoiler is a must and a possible lip kit will follow. also putting some personal touches on the interior ;). for powertrain... was considering swapping to an A2 head but a swap of any sort may be to expensive... still considering it though. at the very least I plan to add a header and down pipe in addition to the intake and tune with k-pro or something of the sort. In any case! a build thread will soon arise. it wasn't long until I started modifying my car... never is.

well here she is, not how she currently sits but they are the most recent pics, from about only a month ago haha
http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s487/ridethesky529/newcar.png
http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s487/ridethesky529/rearwiperdelete.png

also just wanted to say how thankful I am I found this site... been reading through it for about a month and can already tell it will be much more helpful than the other forums out there. the community seems to be much more polite and active and the info is more focused on my model. also people here don't seem to be as harsh for simply asking questions... I never understood that.

Hasbro
11-27-2014, 12:31 PM
Welcome! Yes, it's a good group.