PDA

View Full Version : smokers

stingyboy
07-23-2002, 02:50 PM
where does the astray go?? i assume it's on the stock type-r, anyone know where ours fits?

SpeedRacer
07-23-2002, 02:56 PM
it's a smoke free car man didn't you know that?:)
i quit smoking 2 months ago because i knew i was getting a new car and i didnt want to screw my interior up like i did in my last cars.

DJQuikFingaz
07-23-2002, 02:56 PM
http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/5523/p/43590_598414291761092808.jpg

SpeedRacer
07-23-2002, 02:59 PM
that picture didnt come out. maybe it is my works firewall

02TafWhtSi
07-23-2002, 03:57 PM
I can't stand cigarette smoke anymore - I quit for January 1st and haven't looked back since. I'm so sensitive to it now that if I have my windows down on a breezy day and the driver in front or back of me is having a smoke my eyes get teary and my nose gets irritated. :( I don't tell others to stop or quit though - I'll just keep my distance and respect their privacy:)

NetDragon
07-23-2002, 06:41 PM
Well I still smoke on occasion. I smoked in my Focus before my 2K2 Si only on occasion, Then I wouild not smoke in it again until the smoke smell went away. My theory was that it wouild not stay stuck to the car if I let it air out totally before my next smoke. I would also empty and rince out the ash tray as soon as I got home. ANAL, I know. But I do not like the smell it leaves in cars tjhat have been baking in the hot sun in some parking lot some place. When I bought my Si I had no idea it did not have a tray. Well that is all good anyway, makes sure i will not smoke in it eventually. And I do not like thowing butts out the window, I get pissed when I see others do it. Anyway I will still smoke just outside my Si.

smapzy
07-24-2002, 11:24 AM
Man, I try to quit smoking like hella times....each time I can last for like 2 weeks or so...but then my A$$hold friends keep puffing infront of me....man, I really need to stop that crap, I keep telling myself that I only smoke on the weekend...but that seems to be the reason that I can't quit....OK, I'LL QUIT SMOKING TODAY, wish me luck man. :mad:

SpeedRacer
07-24-2002, 11:31 AM
good luck

DynaSpeed
07-24-2002, 11:41 AM
Then I wouild not smoke in it again until the smoke smell went away. My theory was that it wouild not stay stuck to the car if I let it air out totally before my next smoke. I would also empty and rince out the ash tray as soon as I got home Great plan http://www.probetalk.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_rolleyes.gif

grooveline
07-24-2002, 12:53 PM
No, no, no....

You don't have to give up the comfort of smoking in your car just because of no ashtray. I use empty coffee cups, and soda cups from 7-11. Styrafoam works, but plastic is better. Put a little water in it and you're ready to go. Smoke all you want, and when you get to your destination, trash the whole thing.

fishboy
07-25-2002, 09:42 AM
i wish my car had a cigarette lighter.

ApexinSi
07-25-2002, 04:40 PM
On the Type-R there is a cig lighter right where that grey empty circle is to the right of the shifter...I WANT ONE!!
http://www.ephatch.com/gallery/typer/typer36.jpeg

Or How about one of these bad boys.
http://www.ephatch.com/gallery/typer/typer25.jpeg

SmoothOperator
07-25-2002, 06:19 PM
I've quit smoking for about 3 months now. I used the patch! That thing kicks ass, I had the craziest dreams! lol
Anyways...the one, and only time, I smoked in my car was the day I got it.

stingyboy
07-25-2002, 06:39 PM
love how this turned into a smoking/ethics discussion. i don't even smoke (well, once in a while when i drink heavily). i just wondered if there was a place for the ashtray; i knew that empty circle slot was for the missing lighter.

02SilverSiHB
07-26-2002, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by stingyboy
love how this turned into a smoking/ethics discussion. i don't even smoke (well, once in a while when i drink heavily). i just wondered if there was a place for the ashtray; i knew that empty circle slot was for the missing lighter.
maybe if you get a small astray and put it in that cup holder to the upper left of the steering wheel. I can't ever see my self putting my drink in that cup holder....that's just asking for trouble

Riflez
07-26-2002, 04:38 AM
There is an Ashtray in the Civic Type-R. Its out of sight of that picture above but below the console section where the gear lever is

SiCivic2k2
07-26-2002, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

maybe if you get a small astray and put it in that cup holder to the upper left of the steering wheel. I can't ever see my self putting my drink in that cup holder....that's just asking for trouble

I was skeptical about that cup holder also, but for the first time yesterday I put a red. Root Beer Flury from Sonic in there and it fit perfect and snug. I might start using it now. :)

SmoothOperator
07-26-2002, 12:43 PM
I always use the cupholder to the left of the steering wheel. Holds my coffee perfectly!

grooveline
07-26-2002, 01:47 PM
Dude, the cup holder on the left by the vent is the best. I can take a hot soda, put it there, drive for 15 minutes with the A?C blastin..... and BAM! iss cold again

SmoothOperator
07-26-2002, 02:05 PM
drive for 15 minutes with the A?C blastin..... and BAM! iss cold again

LOL I forgot to mention that! Keeps my water bottles nice and cool!!! Even if they've been sitting in my hot car all day! Added bonus!

My98nsx
07-29-2002, 01:53 PM
Fellas,
HandAaccessories.com has the lighter and the ashtray that is an option on the car. It's not to expensive either. The lighter goes in that blank area above the shifter, and the ashtray is a "cup" with a spring loaded cap. It fits in the center console cup holder.

hms

ApexinSi
08-06-2002, 01:46 PM
one of my friends burned the passenger seat with a cig ash :mad:

REALLY REALLY PISSED ME OFF, sure wish he'd buy me a new seat cover. :mad: DAMNNITITNITT!

so now for real there is absolutly NO SMOKING in my car....unless it's me of course...

MPgrunt81
08-11-2002, 09:22 AM
I highly reccomend resisting the urge to smoke in your car. I had two large holes burnt into my rear seat by some one (or maybe the wind blew my cigs back into the car) (lucky for me the car is totaled so now I can get a new one). You will highly regret smoking in your car when you see burnt marks appearin all over your car. (If you smoke your friends will want to smoke and they will not be near as carefu as you will be trust me). Just my $.02.

SiCivic2k2
08-11-2002, 10:46 AM
You also get nicotine everywhere. My brother smokes in his Civic and I wash his car every now and then (he pays me :) ) and the inside of his windows are literaly yellow from his smoking. This gets all over the car and gives it a terrible smell and it very hard to clean. Smoking is a nasty and unhealthy habbit! Quit while you're still alive!! lol Okay, that's enough from me.

02TafWhtSi
08-11-2002, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by SiCivic2k2
I put a red. Root Beer Flury from Sonic in there and it fit perfect and snug.

That sounds good - what is it exactly? We don't have Sonics out here in NJ though :(

ApexinSi
08-11-2002, 08:02 PM
I see sonic commercials all the time...yet no Sonics anywhere

SiCivic2k2
08-11-2002, 08:47 PM
We have lots of Sonics in Houston. They're awesome!