PDA

View Full Version : Takata air bag recall and aftermarket wheels discussion

eloc49
12-28-2014, 11:31 AM
So as many of you know our airbags are included in the Takata recall. Apparently, under high humidity if the airbag goes off it could send shrapnel flying out, turning your airbag into a frag grenade. Right now they are only fixing cars in high humidity areas like Florida,ect. Well humidity in VA this past week has been up to 50% and above. That being said, I've always wanted to put a different steering wheel on, but never did because, well, duh if you have a safety device and its also already there why would you downgrade? This recall, however, makes a different non-airbag wheel not a downgrade. Id like to discuss the safety issues with using a different wheel, as I've always had stock ones

StimulisRK
02-18-2015, 11:13 AM
I checked my VIN# on Honda's website and it said my car wasn't affected. I don't know if no EP's were affected or only some were. I've seen conflicting info.

eloc49
02-18-2015, 01:30 PM
I'm guessing EP3s were affected cause my moms CRV built in the same plant in Swindon got a notification letter of the recall, and a lot of sources have said 7th gen civics affected

Ryan Hall
03-17-2016, 03:17 PM
I work at a Honda dealership and I have not seen any EP3's that were affected, I know mine is not, and none that have come in for service have been affected. I would be happy to check your vin if you'd like to provide it.