PDA

View Full Version : Front lower control arms question

rabbitteeth
12-29-2014, 10:57 PM
After 110k miles, the time has come to replace my lower control arms. Most of the prices I've seen are around $200 each but then I found these... anyone have any experience with these? or better places to find replacements?

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sku/Honda/Civic/Replacement/Control_Arm/2002/Si/4_Cyl_2-dot-0L/H281502.html

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sku/Honda/Civic/Mevotech/Control_Arm/2002/Si/4_Cyl_2-dot-0L/MEMS601012.html?loc=Front%2C+Driver+Side%2C+Lower

27rocks
12-30-2014, 11:36 AM
Why not just buy bushings? Might as well upgrade if you're at it, or simply replace stock ones. They are fairly inexpensive (stock).

MIGEEZY
12-30-2014, 01:28 PM
I got a type-s 5 lug im gonna install on my 02. I purchased the hardrace hard rubber bushings for my LCAs, might as well upgrade if youre gonna go through all the trouble of replacing them.

Yanni
01-02-2015, 06:56 AM
Woah, I just posted in the other Help! thread on this page...

RockAuto sells complete control arms with bushings. Might save you some hassle. They have various quality grades so make that judgement call.

I bought the RSX bushings from my local Acura dealer and pressed them into a spare set of OEM EP3 LCAs purchased from ebay. That way I could just swap LCAs that day without having downtime of pressing the new bushings in.

The LCA bushings are responsible for a lot of the "road compliance" so choose your bushing durometer accordingly.

Eddie Murphy
01-03-2015, 05:25 PM
Don't buy anything from Rockauto. Get OEM for reliable parts that last so you won't be doing the same job over again. Get OEM RSX-S bushings or maybe some Energy Suspension(black) front lca bushings. As for front bushing on the LCA, that bushing is there to change toe settings as the cornering loads increase. It adds toe in as the gee forces go up, this = increasing under steer! Anyone that is trying to get our cars to handle needs to replace this bushing asap. HardRace, Mugen, and Energy Suspension make kits for this.

Cliff notes: The front bushing in the LCA needs to be replaced to make our cars handle.