PDA

View Full Version : RSX 5spd in an EP3

RETROCRX
01-06-2015, 09:39 AM
As the title states:

Will a 5spd from an RSX fit in an EP3 Civic? I'm assuming it does but want to be 100% certain.

Are the gear ratios the same?

Thanks in advance...

Rob

Hasbro
01-06-2015, 07:02 PM
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?43464-K-Series-Transmission-Table

Gilmour
01-15-2015, 06:10 PM
Does it fit, yes the 5spd manual does. The auto version would use a different mount, however I believe we are talking about the manual version here.

Biggest difference in gearing would be the final drive, the base dc5 final drive would make your car accelerate slower in an N/A application. If you are boosted you would be in gear longer, therefor in boost longer so I could see it being well suited for this type of application.

usedep3
01-16-2015, 09:54 AM
Does it fit, yes the 5spd manual does. The auto version would use a different mount, however I believe we are talking about the manual version here.

Biggest difference in gearing would be the final drive, the base dc5 final drive would make your car accelerate slower in an N/A application. If you are boosted you would be in gear longer, therefor in boost longer so I could see it being well suited for this type of application.

This. The first couple gear ratios (I think 1, 2 and possibly 3) are a little different but the main difference is the final drive. I think there might also be a VSS issue between the 2 transmissions as well.