PDA

View Full Version : Suspension mods= Insurance Rate Boost?

Brettnyt
01-19-2003, 11:01 PM
Hey everyone, sorry for posting here instead of suspension forum, but i fugured i would get more responses here. I am really wantin to drop my car on Neuspeed Race Springs but my dad does not know if suspension mods will bring an insurance increase. Being 15 (16 on tuesday) my insurance is not exactly low... 1.6k a year. Parents dont want my insurance to be upped. So I just wanted to know, do springs and other suspension mods (struts etc.) cause your insurance to be raised? All answers and dollar amounts would be greatly appreciated.

-Brett

Jpax
01-19-2003, 11:23 PM
# 1 Rule for inshurance DON"T TELL THEM ANYTHING THEY DON"T NEED TO KNOW.

And no your inshureance will NOT go up... you only put stuff on inshurance you would want to claim. .... Example : stereo system YES.
Springs NO if You get in accident and it was YOUR Fault

YES you claim springs in you were in accident and it was NOT your fault.

you get the idea....... The inshureance company will not come to your house and look at your car unless you tell them too but i have never heard of it.

Brettnyt
01-19-2003, 11:39 PM
Hmm... Thanks for the info Pax, my only problem is that my dad is an attorney (Ill sue all your asses!) so hees all about tellin the truth and all (sounds odd doesnt it?) Knowing him he would report the suspension mod to the company. I guess i gotta talk to him... Any other input from people?

-Brett

IceD out N CALI
01-19-2003, 11:43 PM
i have mine dropped on race springs and my insurance didnt go up:cool:

Dunrick
01-19-2003, 11:44 PM
Drop that sucker...I wanna see a dropped ep in person -- I'm hesitant to do it till I see it in person...

Brettnyt
01-19-2003, 11:49 PM
Hmm... Alright, once im positive about the insurance thing, ill talk my parents into it. Springs are 129$ on ebay, but appr. how much to get installed professionally? Thanks again for all your help!

-Brett

Dunrick- We still gotta meet up one of these days. Im gettin my license sometime in the next couple weeks (just finishing up my 50 hour requirement, 3 and a half hours to go, then gotta take the tests)

RMC22
01-20-2003, 02:26 AM
Can always call up your agent and ask questions.. Personally, I wouldn't tell em..

atl-si
01-20-2003, 09:29 AM
I don't think that adding suspension mods will increase your insurance. If it was up to me, I would get my insurance and then do the spring install.

Dunrick
01-20-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Brettnyt
Hmm... Alright, once im positive about the insurance thing, ill talk my parents into it. Springs are 129$ on ebay, but appr. how much to get installed professionally? Thanks again for all your help!

-Brett

Dunrick- We still gotta meet up one of these days. Im gettin my license sometime in the next couple weeks (just finishing up my 50 hour requirement, 3 and a half hours to go, then gotta take the tests)

Werd

Silver2K2SI
01-20-2003, 10:45 AM
Your insurance is going to go up anyways if it hasn't already. I have a clean record and I'm 22 and mine just went up 30%. I called and asked why (mainly to bitch to the criminal insurance world) and they just changed the insurance score on EP's due to jackasses driving bad. Wonderful huh? A few loosers rod around and it hurts everyone. Keep that in mind if your going to be street racing....

edit-
I forgot to add if you do claim mods on your insurance it will eventually go up just because your adding a dollar amount to the car. If it will cost them more to replace it, they will charge you more to insure it.

Feng
01-20-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by PaXiE
# 1 Rule for inshurance DON"T TELL THEM ANYTHING THEY DON"T NEED TO KNOW.

And no your inshureance will NOT go up... you only put stuff on inshurance you would want to claim. .... Example : stereo system YES.
Springs NO if You get in accident and it was YOUR Fault

YES you claim springs in you were in accident and it was NOT your fault.

you get the idea....... The inshureance company will not come to your house and look at your car unless you tell them too but i have never heard of it.

dude you need to learn how to spell INSURANCE.

cease
01-20-2003, 08:21 PM
brettnyt

ive insured a 96, 4dr civic lowered on 18's and had no problem.

i dont think ti should be a big deal