PDA

View Full Version : Which Coilovers to get?

Sweet02Si
02-14-2015, 07:44 PM
Hi all,

Just want some opinions on which Coilover kit to get for my 2002 Ep3. Currently, its on Tein S tech springs on stock suspension but it's time to replace the struts. So i figure its a good time to buy a full suspension kit.

This is my daily driver and I don't plan on doing any autocross/tracks.

I've searched the forum for a while now and still can't make a decision. I was going to go with Tokico D-spec with ground controls coilovers, but the D-spec are currently on back order for 12 weeks. So my choices are down to these three coilovers;
1. Buddy Club Coilovers - N+ Spec
2. Stance Coilovers - Super Sport
3. Progress Coilovers Series I

Any input would be appreciated

jimmyjames
02-17-2015, 04:14 PM
If you daily drive your car and only need to replace shocks and don't intend on racing, I would suggest Tokico HPs and Eibach springs. Prokit is probably a good idea for canada since it doesn't drop you too much.
However, if you want to be able to really adjust for when the snow builds up to not scrape (my current search) you should look towards an inexpensive full coilover option like Megan or Skunk2.
Check out THMmotorsports as they'll have the best price.

04sidriver
02-17-2015, 06:04 PM
fortune auto is worth looking at

Her-Name's-Ally
02-17-2015, 06:18 PM
Check out the aspec set up if its for daily.

Sweet02Si
02-20-2015, 10:40 PM
Thank you for the suggestions.

I don't think the aspec set up is for me. I am hoping to go lower than that.

I am leaning towards a coilover set up. Any one prefer one of these over another? (Buddy club, Stance or Progress)

Thanks

PRODIUS
03-16-2015, 05:25 PM
I'm in the same boat. Put in a used JDM Type-R suspension last year: felt great but not very low, barely lower then stock CAD parts. Front shock is one leaking after only 6k...thinking of going with Progress for the quality and re-build ability.

Hasbro
03-16-2015, 07:35 PM
If you're dropping more than A-Specs (3/4"), then I'm not so confident with Progress as the springs won't be heavy enough. N+ will be decent for a mild drop with a medium sacrifice in street ride quality. If you're talking 1 3/4" or more drop then I withdraw any advice as your geometry is screwed.

Her-Name's-Ally
03-16-2015, 08:06 PM
The rsds are great I like em. Daily can be brutal if roads aren't smooth however.

cant catch me
04-29-2015, 08:15 AM
I had installed d2 street coilovers and love them. Theyre 36 way adjustable so theyre comfy with any road condition. Spent around 1000.00 when they retail for 1500.00. Cant cheap out on parts