PDA

View Full Version : WARNING - Rock Auto and Moog Products

.colin
03-20-2015, 07:19 AM
Just a heads up for anyone considering purchasing Moog products from Rock Auto (or any other vendor). I recently purchased 4 Moog end links from Rock Auto. What was received and what was pictured on their website were completely different. After some investigation, it appears Moog sells 3 variants of the end links all with the same part #. Everyone shows the same image of the end link, but never shows the other 2. So it's a crap shoot what part you will receive unless you confirm with the vendor that you will receive what they picture. What I received was 1 of each of the 3 variants, with only 1 matching.

http://s2.postimg.org/4r76h7zll/Photo_Mar_19_10_42_08_AM.jpg

I contacted Rock Auto with pictures of the end links, their packaging, and my issue with having mis-matched parts. They said they have no control over what is shipped since they are coming from different warehoues. They recommended that I return the parts and re-purchase them with hopes I get matching parts. I said that there was no way I was purchasing more parts and crossing my fingers I had matches with the already purchased parts. I said I would no longer do business with them since they were unable to fulfill a simple request.

They sent me return information - which had the end links being sent back to multiple ware houses. I asked if they could be sent back to the same warehouse so I didn't have to pay multiple shipping charges. They said no, but I could ask them to supply the return information and pay a discounted rate.

Yanni
05-06-2015, 07:03 AM
What did you end up doing?

I ordered a pair of these from RockAuto. Both shipped from the same Ohio warehouse. They arrived yesterday. Both boxes are the blue/yellow. One had clearly been opened and the plastic bag was missing. The other is new in plastic bag. They look the same, but the grease fitting is different. There are no part numbers on them. One has a 90* fitting (like #2 in your photo). The other has a small straight fitting.

Colin, did I get one of your returns?

usedep3
05-06-2015, 07:26 AM
Colin, did I get one of your returns?

sounds like it lol