PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Question...

Si4U2NV
01-20-2003, 12:01 PM
Hey Pax or whoever can field this question...

I bought and wired two red neon tubez in my front footwells (after trying them under the seatz) well...herez the problem... i bought an illuminated switch for them, and idunno much bout this but...it doesnt turn off when i take my key out (itz wired str8 to my battery) so would the switch drain my battery?

also, i tried to wire it to the factory alarm harness (like u showed in ur DIY video) but there were 2 blue wires! and when i tried one it just did the same thing as the wire goin str8 to the battery... so is there a simpler way u could tell me to wire it so that the illuminated switch will light up only as acc?

thanx in advance!

-Mike

Jpax
01-20-2003, 12:11 PM
You tried both wires blue wires? one is allways on the other is on/off with switch.

Si4U2NV
01-20-2003, 12:19 PM
hmm...okz i'll try the other blue one...but just incase... if the illuminated switch is alwayz on is it possible that it will drain my battery?

Jpax
01-20-2003, 12:25 PM
depends on how long its on for.... 3 days probely not.... acouple of weeks maybe. over night i wouldn't worry about it.

Si4U2NV
01-20-2003, 04:58 PM
aiight, herez wha i did... i couldnt justify havin an illuminated switch (ew) so i went back to radio shack and got a regular push button...i re did all my wiring and now it seemz to be fine... i didnt try the other blue wire yet cuz it got dark and cold... so ima try 2morrow or somethin... thanx for all your help...

herez wha i lookz like as of now...;)

-Mike

myeverlovinsir
01-20-2003, 05:00 PM
Little on the blurry side, like the red look.:D

Si4U2NV
01-20-2003, 05:36 PM
yeah itz kinda blurry, sorry... i was kneeling down and itz dim so... im glad u like the red...i knew i had to go with red neon cuz it would match all the stitching and all... :)

Glad you like it tho (glad u dont think itz "ricey" ... its pretty subtle... no strobing, or lightning, or anything too bright...just a nice glow...

-Mike

Si4U2NV
01-20-2003, 05:37 PM
herez another pic...