PDA

View Full Version : Suspension overhaul: need recomendations

MyronGainz
09-01-2015, 11:36 AM
Hello guys,

I purchased a used ep3 a few months ago as mechanic's special from the dealership. The car had been lowered with unknown parts, and it seems like the steering is not as sharper as it should be. I have been reading mustclime threads about supension, so I am planning to replace some of the suspension component in order to bring back that precise steering feel, this is what I have so far
-Balljoints
-Tie Rods for DC5
-Shocks and springs OR Coilovers?
-Type R rear sway bar

I am a noob at this so any input will be greatly appreciated.

tommy
09-01-2015, 12:12 PM
Two inputs needed: what you want to get out of it and how much money you have to spend. Otherwise, you're just going to get everyone regurgitating what they've done on their rides as a "universal" solution.

MyronGainz
09-01-2015, 02:22 PM
I am looking for a autocross/daily type of setup, stance or hellaflush is just not for me. As of right now the car handles horribly.

04sidriver
09-01-2015, 03:43 PM
I would look at A-Spec or fortune auto coils. A-Spec is the type of setup you are most looking for though

MyronGainz
09-01-2015, 05:18 PM
That is what I was thinking, to go with A-Spec. Is Curry Acura still taking orders for these coils?

04sidriver
09-01-2015, 06:35 PM
I think they still have some

tommy
09-02-2015, 06:53 AM
Yes, Curry should still be able to get them. I got mine from them in June; picked them up there with only a day's notice. They don't have them "in stock" physically. I've been very happy with it as a setup.

MyronGainz
09-02-2015, 09:40 AM
Cool, man. How much did you pay in shipping? How is the ride feel?

tommy
09-09-2015, 05:38 AM
It was a 45 minute drive over to their dealership, so it cost me one breakfast at BK while I was waiting for them to open. :mbiggrin:

Ride feels nearly stock; I have the tires inflated to 32 instead of 30, and bottoming out isn't a problem. I'm still on the shitty tires that came with the car, so can't really give a full opinion yet on the improvements in the curves. The drop was really not too noticeable, which is fine for me, as it's my DD.

lemonhead228
09-09-2015, 08:51 PM
If you want adjustability than go with coilovers. I was super happy that I switch from mugen SS to buddy club n+. 16 way damper adjustable is crazy. All the way soft drives a bit stiffer than stock and all the way stiff is crazy harsh. I think I would only do that when I autox and not to forget the height adjustment!! I did autox with the mugen SS with yokahoma s drives and did good but I think the n+ handles better.