PDA

View Full Version : P0134 and P1456 CEL

Andieldiablo
09-11-2015, 01:43 PM
As the title states I have P0134 and P1456 codes on. Here's what I found so far:

P0134- faulty air sensor
P1456 - EVAP fuel Tank System Leakage (might be loose gas cap?)

I bought an INNOVA 3100i to check the codes and I got tons of info just not too sure what to do with it.

My question is some what simple: what does all the following information mean:

P0134
1.HO2S S1 Circuit High Voltage/No Activity
2.HO2S(A/F Sensor) S1 Circuit No Activity
3.HO2S (B1) S1 Heater System Malfunction(No Activity)
4.HO2S S1 Circuit No Activity
5.HO2S(A/F Sensor) B1S1No Activity
6.Air Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor (Sensor 1) Heater System Malfunction
7.Rear Air Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor (Bank1, Sensor 1) Heater System Malfunction

I thought P0134 was associated with the secondary sensor but it sounds like this is a primary sensor issue?
Does anyone have pictures or a link to a replacement sensor and a DIY for replacing.?
I saw stuff on recommendations on getting a defouler? Not sure what that is, but from what I can tell looks like an "Extension/Adapter" so that the sensor mounts parallel to the CAT rather than perpendicular.

From what I've seen it shouldn't be too hard to switch out just get under the car type thing but I want to make sure I have all the info I need. I would like to do a 1 and done with this.

NOTE:
Simple Bolt ons: Intake K&N and HKS High Power. Nothing special, no headers no Kpro. I've had this issue long before I switched the exhaust out but it always went away and came back periodically. I can clear the code but it will come back, now it comes back on sooner maybe after a day or 2 (100+ miles of driving).

cyllarus
09-14-2015, 09:29 PM
HO2S is the secondary Sensor, from what i am seeing its just bad. Do some googling and find the ep3 shop manual. Follow the procdure for diagnosing the codes.. it will walk you right to the point of the problem.