PDA

View Full Version : Replacing the Clutch

Pronto
09-22-2015, 09:22 AM
Hi everyone,
I recently decided not to sell my ep3. Which means I have to change the clutch and do some other minor repairs. I have a couple of questions for you guys and would appreciate your opinions.

1. Flywheel: I’m thinking of getting an ACT Street (11lbs) flywheel. The new clutch would be an Exedy OEM. No real mods on the car other than bolt ons. I drive a lot every day, and would track the car a little in the summer. Is a flywheel worth it? Would the clutch wear out faster? Is it worth the money (personal opinion question)? Any other flywheels that are budget friendly?

2. Replacing the clutch and possibly the flywheel: I know the standard way is to remove the lower subframe and lower the transmission from the bottom. Would pulling the engine from the top be potentially faster? Since I live in Canada and winters are heavy, I’m certain the bolts on the subframe will be a headache to remove (as well as other issues).

Pronto
09-22-2015, 11:53 AM
Please move to Transmission section. Accidentally created thread in different section.