PDA

View Full Version : need advise for online shopping (THMotorsports horror story)

Be EP3sy
10-27-2015, 06:19 PM
Hey everybody

Not sure where to drop this so thought this spot was as good as any.

Im trying to buy a coilover kit for my car from this site "K Series Parts" just checking if anybody had any experience with them?? https://www.kseriesparts.com/cr/MEG-MR-CDK-HC02Si.html?gclid=CLm17cL548gCFZQjgQod9DcHjw

I tried THMotorsports.com and they demanded i send them a picture of my id and credit card after my funds were already taken from my account. I told them that was ridiculous so they refused to ship me my part.

So as i recommend to never use their site, i also ask if anybody can recommend an actual good and honest site. would really love to start buying some real upgrades for my car.

Thanks in advance.

Rasy
10-27-2015, 09:00 PM
K Series parts is awesome. I personally purchased from them, and they ship fairly quick. I've heard of TH Motorsports, but have never dealt with them before, so I can't say.

Rasy
10-27-2015, 09:03 PM
Another good site to add to your list would be CorSport USA (http://www.corsportusa.com/). Tai Kahn who runs that business was an OG EP owner, and they have a lot of good inventory, too.

Her-Name's-Ally
10-27-2015, 09:03 PM
Hit up Peter Gilwa on Facebook. Cant remember the name of his shop but they're awesome.

PRODIUS
10-28-2015, 10:09 AM
I purchased my Progress Coilovers from THMotorsports, and here are my impressions from my review in the suspension section:
Seller: THMotorsports had the best price of $850 for the product and a very professional web site. Their site indicated that the product was in stock when I ordered in the summer, but it was not after I placed my order. I was informed that the product would be made to order by Progress and that this would take a few weeks, and that’s understandable. After waiting 4 weeks I contacted THMotorsports to receive an ETA on delivery; the email I received was not professionally worded and the tone was overly aggressive, stating that the order would take 12 weeks. This unprofessional communication initially made me want to cancel the order, but the information contained was at least accurate and I patiently waited for my order, that once available, shipped direct from the manufacturer. I got what I paid for but may reconsider them next time unless they improve their communications and maintain an accurate web inventory.

They processed my credit card payment with no problems and no additional security requirements; I've never heard of anyone asking for what you indicated. Pretty weird for sure and you could contact your credit card company to log a complain against the merchant.

Cheers

tommy
10-28-2015, 10:44 AM
I've bought from K Series Parts without any problems.

Though for coilovers, I would look into Fortune Auto; customizable and you can talk to them directly about what spring rates would be good, whether to go with helper springs, even colors, etc. And they will also deal with you directly on the sale. I'm headed down there (middle VA) next week as I'm going on vacation and it will be right in my path. I'll be talking to them about coilovers for my CRX, but as I'll be driving my EP3 breadvan down there, let me know if you have any EP3-specific questions for them, and I'll be happy to bring them up.

Be EP3sy
11-04-2015, 08:08 AM
thanks for the responses! i'm pretty confident in the coilovers i chose and k series parts offers them pretty cheep. so i will be ordering them soon. ill have an update once they're installed in my log thread over in the members section.

thanks again

AKEP
11-29-2015, 09:39 PM
k series parts aka clubrsx.com. thmotorsports has/had been a site sponsor for many years. i buy stuff from them once in a while no problems. they're only trying to protect you by checking the ID for the card. i wouldn't say thats a bad thing, inconvenient yea, but def not a bad thing.