PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

civicsidrvr
11-01-2015, 12:50 PM
I searched the forums some and found some answers. My issues: drove my car 1600 miles as I recently moved. Car was packed and had soft bag roof rack. Threw a CEL PO420 about a thousand miles in driving on an uphill on ramp. I had the engine bogged because I had it in second from a rolling left turn (extra weight made me downshift to first) CEL came on right as I bogged her and shifted to first. I cleared it as I figured it probably misfired or something. Didn't have issues until about 6 weeks after. Same situation...going uphill, gave a little gas in 4th, realized needed to downshift, slammed her in 3rd and CEL popped in in the same process. Cleared her again and haven't had issues. I have a total of 4400 on my oil change, 5W30 QSUD, have added 1.5 makeup quarts. That's A LOT more than usual in 4400 but I also had a ton of weight and wind resistance driving out here. Scan gauge showed 50-70% engine load driving 65 on flat to mountainous interstate. So I figure I took some life out of her. My question...I haven't changed plugs in 70k, did a valve adjustment 20k ago, never replaced an O2 sensor. Do you think I just need to quit being lazy and rev the engine on those hills or do you think the fact the CEL popped on at those moments is a coincidence? I used to live in a flat area, now have hills everywhere. Taken me a while to realize I have to shift once in a while now.