PDA

View Full Version : New Member in NorCal

MrFerk
11-02-2015, 03:38 PM
Hey Everyone,

Bought my 2003 civic si back in May 2015 in Pennsylvania (home). I'm ashamed to say it, but I used to be a bit of a civic hater. While looking for a new car after graduating college this summer, I went to test drive this car with extremely low expectations (being a civic). I figured 'what the hell it's worth a test drive' and I immediately fell in love with the way the car drives.

I recently got a job in Cali and drove her across the country to my new home in Sacramento, and she handled the trip with almost no issues whatsoever (rusty muffler broke at the flange on my last leg but the car is from east coast so not surprised)

Unfortunately, she isn't being driven until I fix the exhaust, which is driving me crazy. Anyways, I love the ep3 and I'm looking forward to getting involved in this community.

-Matt

tommy
11-03-2015, 07:48 AM
Welcome to the forum, Matt. It's ok - I think that most people are in the same boat until they drive one of the fun Hondas.

Make sure that you plan correctly for the muffler; the stock mufflers are pretty good, and you can find one used pretty easily. The problem with our cars is the small midpipe, which I wouldn't be surprised would need to be replaced as well (double check that!), and unfortunately, the cat possible too. I bought mine in May as well, and recently the cat went bye bye. Replaced with a Magnaflow (check CA laws if you're registering in CA) and a Megan midpipe, and am very happy.
You didn't graduate from PSU, did you? I grew up in PA as well - Doylestown, Bucks Co.
Anyway, get that puppy all fixed soon and enjoy the driving. It's a very fun car, especially with good rubber.

Rasy
11-03-2015, 08:33 AM
Awesome, welcome Matt! The EP3 community is definitely one to help each other.

soquel1
11-03-2015, 08:50 PM
Welcome. I've always passed through Sacramento when travelling, mostly on my way to Lake Tahoe. If you haven't been there already, I recommend it. Beautiful, fun place.

Her-Name's-Ally
11-03-2015, 09:51 PM
Welcome to epcrack. some big name guys up there. check out the facebook page.

MrFerk
11-05-2015, 12:55 PM

MrFerk
11-05-2015, 12:59 PM
Welcome to the forum, Matt. It's ok - I think that most people are in the same boat until they drive one of the fun Hondas.

Make sure that you plan correctly for the muffler; the stock mufflers are pretty good, and you can find one used pretty easily. The problem with our cars is the small midpipe, which I wouldn't be surprised would need to be replaced as well (double check that!), and unfortunately, the cat possible too. I bought mine in May as well, and recently the cat went bye bye. Replaced with a Magnaflow (check CA laws if you're registering in CA) and a Megan midpipe, and am very happy.
You didn't graduate from PSU, did you? I grew up in PA as well - Doylestown, Bucks Co.
Anyway, get that puppy all fixed soon and enjoy the driving. It's a very fun car, especially with good rubber.

Thanks for the friendly welcome! Yep I'm in need of both the muffler and mid-pipe, as the flanges are rusted to hell. Not currently registered in CA but will be within the next year or so. I'm having a hell of a hard time finding affordable stock parts, especially that mid-pipe like you said. I'm considering going for an aftermarket catback. One on the quieter side if possible.

I did in fact graduate from Penn State! Very cool, I grew up around Lebanon, PA. Small world man!

MrFerk
11-05-2015, 01:00 PM
Welcome. I've always passed through Sacramento when travelling, mostly on my way to Lake Tahoe. If you haven't been there already, I recommend it. Beautiful, fun place.

I went through Tahoe on my move out here, it's absolutely gorgeous there and I love the mountains. I have some work in that area, but haven't had the time to go there for leisure. I'm definitely pumped for ski/snowboard season out here though.

AKEP
11-25-2015, 09:38 AM
nice, glad you made it to sleepy northern california.

tommy
11-25-2015, 11:44 AM
A Megan midpipe is $220 at CorSport, I believe. Probably hard to do any better than that with an OEM piece, and it's better quality and thickness than OEM.

Keep looking here and at Club EP3 - a decent stock muffler will pop up eventually, if you haven't replaced it already.

Yep, small world. Now we can both agree that Franklin and Co.'s offensive play calling truly is offensive. :smile:

wcmbrk
12-09-2015, 06:45 PM
Hey I live in the sacramento region (el dorado hills) we should meet up and do a meet and greet...i have an ep3 too.

tonyli
01-22-2016, 11:00 AM
Sorry for the late welcome! I created a NorCal page on Facebook that you can join, time by time we have events like BBQ and karaoke and of course car meets. Please join us!

2004ep3hatch
01-22-2016, 05:59 PM
I think we also have a area forum here as well. Welcome btw!