PDA

View Full Version : Dynod in at 146whp and 122.8 with SRI and HP Header

02SilverSiHB
01-20-2003, 04:32 PM
I was pretty impressed. I thought I'd get like 140 at the most.
Both runs were done with no fan, hood down, 93 octane, about 73 degrees outside, cooled down before the 1st run for about 2 hrs and went striaght on to the next run, and I had just changed my oil about 50 miles before. I'm going to get a 2.25 mendrel bent exhaust on Friday, and go back to the dyno on maybe Feb.
ConeKiller went also, I'm sure he'll post his in a little bit. So what do you guys think? Pretty good?
The first run, the guy only went to 6350rpm:

02SilverSiHB
01-20-2003, 04:33 PM
2nd run was all the way to the rev limiter:

myeverlovinsir
01-20-2003, 04:41 PM
Very nice, I think your exhaust may be your only bottle neck at this point. I expect when you make the exhaust swap to a larger midpipe you will see your peak hp rise nicely. Congrats:D

Btw: JSIR had the same setup, and did not realise the full gains until the I/H/E were in, but you probably knew that. Good work:D

IceD out N CALI
01-20-2003, 05:01 PM
right on, 146 is good

myeverlovinsir
01-20-2003, 05:07 PM
I guess a jr poster gets his own avatar.... ;)

02SilverSiHB
01-20-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by myeverlovinsir
Very nice, I think your exhaust may be your only bottle neck at this point. I expect when you make the exhaust swap to a larger midpipe you will see your peak hp rise nicely. Congrats:D

Btw: JSIR had the same setup, and did not realise the full gains until the I/H/E were in, but you probably knew that. Good work:D
yeah, I remember from reading about how you noticed a good jump from the mid pipe. I can't wait to see the results. Like I said, I'll get that done on Friday and then hopefully hit the dyno the same day...and...go to the track.

IceD out N CALI
01-20-2003, 05:17 PM
I guess a jr poster gets his own avatar.... ;)

or a sitting duck:D

myeverlovinsir
01-20-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

yeah, I remember from reading about how you noticed a good jump from the mid pipe. I can't wait to see the results. Like I said, I'll get that done on Friday and then hopefully hit the dyno the same day...and...go to the track.

Your lucky, get to go to the track...I will be taking a bit of vacation/business trip soon in Brazil and be passing thru Florida. Looking forward to a tan. I see that alot more members are getting tuned. It's all good. You won't be disapointed my freind.;)

myeverlovinsir
01-20-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by IceD out N CALI

or a sitting duck:D

Yep, it's a tribute to the wait before hondata is realized. tks.:D

ep3guy
01-20-2003, 05:47 PM
Nice numbers, can't wait to see results with the exhaust later on.

myeverlovinsir - you won't be disappointed at all with hondata. :D

02SilverSiHB
01-21-2003, 09:53 AM
So is this true?
A guy on clubsi says that it's actually like 142 not 146. It's WRXtasy that makes the comment: http://forums.clubsi.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=1835699&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

myeverlovinsir
01-21-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
So is this true?
A guy on clubsi says that it's actually like 142 not 146. It's WRXtasy that makes the comment: http://forums.clubsi.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=1835699&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Yep, we talked about this before, but that little spike at the rev limiter is gonna get you about 3-4 hp and is not a true rep. of top power... on page 3 of my "TB bore out pics" thread.

link (http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=6068&perpage=15&highlight=dyno%20spike&pagenumber=3) ;)

02SilverSiHB
01-21-2003, 11:00 AM

Yep, we talked about this before, but that little spike at the rev limiter is gonna get you about 3-4 hp and is not a true rep. of top power... on page 3 of my "TB bore out pics" thread.

link (http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=6068&perpage=15&highlight=dyno%20spike&pagenumber=3) ;)
ah got it:
Whenever you guys dyno your cars on an inertia dyno such as Dynojet, try not to read the whp figure off the little spike that happens at the end of the dyno run. The dyno program lists the max whp from that little spike, but it is a bit misleading. That is just an effect of the drivetrain pushing off on the dyno drums as power cuts out, happens quite frequently, that little spike can be worth up to 4 whp. The flat part of the power curve just before the spike is more representative of the actual power before redline.

So basically we could called it spike whp ;)

95 GSR
01-27-2003, 01:37 AM
Nice numbers!!!
Im jelus:D , damnn these K series make good tq

02SilverSiHB
01-27-2003, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by ep3guy
Nice numbers, can't wait to see results with the exhaust later on.

myeverlovinsir - you won't be disappointed at all with hondata. :D
unfortunetly I didn't get to have the exhaust put on before going to the track :( but I still managed to get a better time then last time.

And thanks 95 GSR :)