PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Civic SI trailing arm issue

actionbastard94
01-31-2016, 12:21 AM
Hello Guys,

I have newbie question also i search the treads couldn't find an exact answer.

i have a 2003 si trying to install some energy suspension bushing. My question is regarding the trailing arm my local shop is saying my looks different from other civics.

he doesn't know how to freaking remove it and install the bushing. Do we break and remove the pin and install the bushing into the arm along with the pin?

i attach my picture of my trailing arm pin.

HondaFreak
02-03-2016, 09:52 AM
In case you need the answer still. You'll either have to cut it, break it or press the whole unit out. There is a youtube video of a guy breaking it. I couldn't do it, so I cut it.

Christian

2004ep3hatch
02-26-2016, 05:21 AM
I have never done it, but you have to press it out or as the gentleman said above, cut it out.

27rocks
02-29-2016, 12:40 AM
Its actually really easy. I had great success taking mine apart. You have to put the end pointing towards the arm in a vice and twist the other end while you lift or pry underneath it. Once you get the one end out you simply use a torch and burn the inside of the rubber out. You can skip this part if you don't feel comfortable doing that and just drill around the bushing until the other pin falls out. Clean up the hole and press in the new bushings.

Let me see if i can find the link i used...

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=757547