PDA

View Full Version : Motor mounts? or torque dampener?

skeet43169
02-07-2016, 09:42 AM
O.k. I don't like how much the engine moves and the losses cause of it. So I was thinking about changing my motor mounts but seen a few videos where the car's shook really bad after changing them. Would i be better off just getting the torque dampener

soquel1
02-07-2016, 04:07 PM
You'll pretty much get some shake with most aftermarket motor mounts. Sounds like one or perhaps more than one mounts are done for on your car. But I am assuming your car is stock k20a3 with no mods. A torque dampener would help but how would you feel about having defective motor mounts ? Best thing to do is replace the bad mounts with new OEM replacements and add the torque dampener.

I have Avid 70a but with a swapped a2 plus some mods. I love them yet I still get some shake. These particular mounts I purchased because I liked the design on the passenger side mount as opposed to others.

Much regards.

skeet43169
02-08-2016, 09:16 AM
I bought them I can deal with a lil shake I guess for better shifts and no more wheel hop it's worth it

tommy
02-09-2016, 02:06 PM
For better shifts, you'd probably be better off getting a BCSS and some bushing replacements.

What mods do you have? If none, wheel hop should be not a big problem, and you probably have issues with suspension bushings and/or your suspension itself.