PDA

View Full Version : Lowering springs

MagicHatch21
02-14-2016, 11:05 AM
Hey guys
I have been reading around and it looks like lowering springs are frowned upon around here because of the rates. Problem is I have another car that I do time trials in (99 si) and I don't have a large budget for coilovers on the ep3. The hatch already has kyb agx shocks that it came with from the previous owner. I know they are not blistein or koni but it is what I have to work with.

I have some enkei rp02 wheels in 17x7 with a 40mm offset with 225/45/17 continental contipro contact tires. If you absolutely had to get lowering springs and your choices were the eibach pro-kit and the tein s techs what would you get? I am going to drive the car to work mostly and take it out for spirited driving every once in a while. I am also going to pick up the hardrace rear adjustable camber kit and ingalls camber bolts for the front.

2004ep3hatch
02-14-2016, 07:14 PM
Hi,

I would probably go with Eibach as I have had them. Im not the guru on suspensions, but I know what works. The only thing with getting lowering springs on stock shock length is you will kill the shock damper faster.

But, I think you should be fine.

MagicHatch21
02-14-2016, 09:45 PM
Hi,

I would probably go with Eibach as I have had them. Im not the guru on suspensions, but I know what works. The only thing with getting lowering springs on stock shock length is you will kill the shock damper faster.

But, I think you should be fine.

Thanks for the quick response! I am looking at some koni with ground controls now. If I can get a good deal I will go that way if not I will definitely give the eibachs a try.