PDA

View Full Version : popping noise??

mygirlhasaSI
01-20-2003, 08:20 PM
i just recently installed goldline springs and 17in gunmetal mean6's on my girlfriends 03 si , the car rides great , handles good, but when i turn the steering wheel the front right suspension pops, i took it apart and put it back together 3 times and it still does it, i greased everything, it almost sounds like a cv axle pop, any help would be greatly appreciated
thank you
jonathan H

02SilverSiHB
01-20-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by mygirlhasaSI
i just recently installed goldline springs and 17in gunmetal mean6's on my girlfriends 03 si , the car rides great , handles good, but when i turn the steering wheel the front right suspension pops, i took it apart and put it back together 3 times and it still does it, i greased everything, it almost sounds like a cv axle pop, any help would be greatly appreciated
thank you
jonathan H
does this usually occur when you are either/or both at a complete stop or when you are turning slowly?

Almost like there is some little gremlin hanging on your spring and pounding it with a hammer? :)

downhil
01-20-2003, 10:54 PM
did you make sure to really really grease the bushing? also did you make sure to pop the top of the spring back into that rubber seat right below the bushing? i had to double check that......i had the same popping noise.

Suk02Si
01-21-2003, 04:48 AM
also, make sure the top strut assembly is lined up correctly, it sits at an angle, if you have it rotated wrong and bolt it in it might be causing the popping sound

mygirlhasaSI
01-21-2003, 08:57 AM
yeas it only does it at slow turn or a complete stop, i chechked the top assembly over and over, i think im gonna grease the steering rod .......thanks guys
jonathan

02SilverSiHB
01-21-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by mygirlhasaSI
yeas it only does it at slow turn or a complete stop, i chechked the top assembly over and over, i think im gonna grease the steering rod .......thanks guys
jonathan
yeah, I had this problem a while back. I ended up just jacking the car up and started messing with the springs in the front. I would just twist the springs around and around until it felt like it was in place. Haven't had a problem since :)

RacingCivicSi02
01-23-2003, 11:42 PM
Yea you have to Grease the Top bushing on top of the Strut. And make sure the arrow on the Strut are alined.

Honda Decided to not put ball bearings on the Bushing on the si. So when u turn u hear that Poping or Knocking Noise. So u would juss have to grease it up real good. not with WD40 you have to use a multi purpose grease.

ep3
01-24-2003, 07:26 PM
just wanted to make sure, when you guys say the bushing, thats also the bump stop right??? mine is also making popping noises, and i just want to make sure i put grease on the right part.

thanx!!!

RacingCivicSi02
01-24-2003, 08:04 PM
yea i think its the bumpstop

carbonSI
04-06-2003, 10:45 PM
mygrlhasasi..
where in south carolina you from? im in g-vegas, i got a silver si, pretty much stock, other than the c/f dash, got the goldlines sittin in my trunk, still need to put them on, i hear its a bitch tho :( but people are charging way too much. well, get back to me -mike