PDA

View Full Version : Engine troubles

Si_ME_GUSTA
04-10-2016, 05:37 PM
Hi all! I just recently bought a 2003 Si and am having some issues. The car just after start up will drive fine for about 2 minutes before it starts to have problems. It will not rev past 4000 rpm. It sounds like hits the rev limiter. You can do a full pull during the 2 minutes prior but after that it wont go past 4000. The air intake bypass valve is broken but both hoses are plugged so there is no vacuum leak that i know of. It does throw a code but I havent gotten a chance to scan it yet. Any ideas on what it could be? Any help would be great and im really excited to join the community!

robhep3
04-10-2016, 07:18 PM
The CEL code will be the key to helping you resolve this. Your vehicle is going into a fail safe mode called "Limp Mode" which is essentially a self-preservation system that is intended to prevent catastrophic failure of the engine. Basic checks I would pursue include checking and topping off coolant and engine oil, inspecting for loose or broken electrical connectors, etc. Once you have the code read, it will isolate the problem and give you a diagnostic approach.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

chinoman44
04-11-2016, 01:53 PM
This happened to me before and it turned out to be very low oil, not enogh to hit vtech